Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #5 - "Becca's Toddler Rules"


Thirteen Things about Becca's Toddler Rules!

Have you ever seen the Toddler’s Rules of Possession? It goes something like, “If I like it, it’s mine”, “If it's in my hand, it’s mine”, etc. Here is my own take on it as "Becca’s Toddler Rules"…

  1. If it belongs to a big sister, it’s mine. And I will defend it!

  2. If it belongs to the cat, it’s mine and I must try to put it in my mouth.

  3. If I see it on the other side of a baby gate, I will stand there and shake the gate in the hopes that it will vanish into thin air so I can go get what’s mine.

  4. If it’s on the couch, it’s mine because I can now climb onto the couch by
    myself and the couch is no longer a ‘safe zone’. Ha!

  5. If it’s on a counter out of reach, I will put up my hands and whimper, whine and beg to have it given to me – because it must be mine.

  6. If it’s a pair of underwear, I must put it on my head. Even though it’s not
    mine. ;)


  7. If it’s a phone, I must press all of the buttons over and over again. Hello?
    China?

  8. If it involves water in any way, it’s mine and I must dump the water all over myself so nobody else can have it.

  9. If it’s outside, it’s mine and I’ll cry if anyone else plays with it.

  10. If it’s in Abby and Hannah’s room, it’s mine because it must be much more fun than what’s in my room. (See #3)

  11. If it’s food, it’s mine and I will climb all over you to get to it if I have to.

  12. If it makes noise, it’s mine so I can figure out all of the fascinating sounds and how to make them over and over and over...

  13. If it belongs to me…then I don’t want it!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

15 wonderful people said...:

Kota Bear said...

Awesome rules! I love it and totally sympathize! Many a toddler have a sat for and/or helped raise..... These are SOOOOOOO true!

Happy T13!

WorksForMom said...

Agreed. You totally nailed this list!!

Just Me said...

Sounds like a true toddler! She's adorable!

Nap Warden said...

I have one toddler and another in the making...help! Great list!

Lori said...

LOLOLOLOL...yep, still laughing because I know its ALL the truth. Kids crack me up:) Happy TT.

No Nonsense girl said...

kids are the sweetest!!!!

No Nonsense girl said...

Kids are the sweetest! Happy Thursday Thirteen!!!

crazy working mom said...

Ohmygoodness! That is the greatest list. Thanks for the chuckle. I love the photo as well. Happy TT.

Buck Naked Politics said...

Yep, that sounds about right. Happy TT.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Sounds like my grandchildren.

Mom not Mum said...

Aren't those rules too true? LOL My sil had her youngest of 5 when I had my 1st. They are a week apart. At 22 months she told my mother in law that my son didn't know how to share and wouldn't let Nathan play with any toys. UM he's not even 2 - he's up to this point an only child - what does he know of sharing? lol

Jodi said...

Love the rules!!! and that pic of her with the underwear is too cute!!

Qtpies7 said...

Oh, boy, am I familiar with those rules! It is really funny how they forget those rules when they become a teenager and thier little siblings want their stuff. Turnaround is fair play!

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

This is a fantastic list! Your girls are adorable...I found you through Nelia's Blog that Mommy!

Laura P said...

Very cute! I have 2 toddlers of my own at home, so I can totally relate.