HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Throwback Thursday #4 - Dancing days

'll preface this by saying that even though I took dance classes for several years, I was never really very good. Especially at ballet, jazz or acrobatics (what was I thinking - my body doesn't bend!). I was actually pretty darn good at tap dancing though. I think my mom lived vicariously through me since she had always wanted (but never gotten) dance lessons when she was a little girl. She loved seeing me dressed up in all of the costumes and she saved most of them - she gave them back to me recently for the girls to dress up in. I would love to put my girls in dance lessons at some point - if they want them.

Here's my first year (and only year) of ballet:



(I'm the one in front on the left)

Here's some from various years of tap and acrobatics:










And my first year of jazz dancing (hey, it was the 80's!) - this is as far as I've gotten with my photo album scanning project in terms of dance photos.



I know - more dance costume photos than you ever wanted to see in one blog post! LOL

Check out other Throwback Thursdays over at Pinks and Blues Girls!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

9 wonderful people said...:

MomOf4 said...

What pretty dance costumes!

Karen said...

Great pictures. I never took dance lessons. To this day, the only way I'll get up and dance is if I've had a couple of glasses of wine! (or if I want to embarrass my dd, I'll dance like Corbin Bleu in public!) HA!

Amanda said...

Those costumes look all too familiar! lol Been there, done that. Thank goodness it's not 1985 anymore. Nice blog!

Amanda
http://www.mypinkvoid.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

how neat! I want to put my daughter into dance too - can''t quite justify the hundreds they want though lol

Shana said...

What great pictures. Happy TT!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! You look awesome!! How cute!! Your 3 little ladies must love looking at those photos with you!! Thanks for sharing those, I just loved the costumes!!
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls

Corey~living and loving said...

awwwwwwwww look at you! HOw fun! I never got dance lessons...and Iam afraid I may try to live vicariously through my daughter too. eeeekkkkk

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

You have got such an addictive smile! I loved every one of those pics! Great throwback!

Ginny said...

I love it! Dance is important, I hope you girls can take it. Mine love it & have ended up taking so many classes. Teaches you many things, more then just dance! Great photos, I only have a few from my dance years. You are lucky to have so many & that is great your mom saved them!