HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Why aren't the leaves falling yet, Mommy?

This is the question that first greeted me when I got up this morning.

Hannah has been counting down the days until the first day of Fall. I've been a bit curious as to why this is such a big deal to her. Now I know - apparently all of the leaves were supposed to turn colors overnight and she expected big piles on the ground to jump in this morning.

Not so much.

One of the trees in our front yard does have a small group of red leaves right in the middle of it, but so far that's about it for autumn colors.

Fall apparently means different things to kids as to adults - while I love the colors, I also look at the trees with a bit of trepidation, knowing how much work will be involved in raking and bagging especially with a husband who is not home much to do all the raking help. I have the feeling that the leaf raking will go about the same as lawn mowing did this summer - and the jungle-like state of our lawn currently tells you how that went.

Hmm, I wonder if I can take this excitement of Hannah's and put it to good use.

Now where did we put those kid-sized rakes... :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

5 wonderful people said...:

Jean said...

I'm right there with ya on the lawn mowing. To hot to mow, and who wants to get up early on your days off to mow? It's a jungle out there!

Mom Knows Everything said...

There are leaves all over my lawn, but I live in Canada so it's to be expected. That reminds me I have to set my daughter to go rake the lawn. She's 13, but still loves to jump in the piles. I think that is something that they never out grow.

GHD said...

Toy aisle. Target. hehe

Happy First Day of Autumn, to you.

MomOf4 said...

Hi Deb, you have an award waiting for you over at my blog! :)

Momma Bean said...

Aw! That's one of the many wonderful gifts of being a mother! You get to see things through the eyes of your child, and appreciate what we've always taken for granted. Recently, I've rediscovered how pretty the moon is, because of the girls!