HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I screwed up

We are so screwed. I don't know how I did it, but I forgot to record a check last week. Not just a check, our daycare check. Which means that we had $300 less than I thought we had. Which means that when I paid our home equity loan payment (that was higher than expected) it was with money that we didn't have. And every other little thing we bought was with money we didn't have. And the $200 of groceries I bought last night was with money we didn't have.

Our checking account is currently -$589. And I haven't even paid daycare for this week yet. And who knows how many debit charges are out there that haven't cleared yet - each with another $30 overdraft fee. We've got $300 in fees already just in the past 2 days.

I get paid on Thursday which should cover the negative balance, fees and daycare - but that money is supposed to pay our mortgage for July. Which we now can't pay. We just spent the past 6 months dragging ourselves out of the hole that we were in last year and now I put us right back into it. And it's all my own fault.
Excuse me -

I'm sitting here at work in tears - I can't even concentrate. I am so damn mad at myself! Now I have to call daycare and beg her to let us pay her several days late. And it's my own damn fault.

3:00 pm - update. We're now at -$662... I did call our credit union and beg them to take pity on us and see if they could reverse even some of the fees. Unfortunately our financial mess last year caused a few overdrafts that they kindly reversed then, so I'm told that the chances are slim that they can help us now. Sigh.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

2 wonderful people said...:

Mauritius said...

I agree with you !!! Life it's kindda of madness with child !!! But how beatiful they are!! And they deserve keep going with a smile. And always have in mind that you should be happy even because of having time to write ... and tell the world about them.

You know ... many injustices in the world, there are millons worst.

When climbing have to see upwards, even downwards.

Regards.
Mauricio (Argentina)

Deb said...

Thank you for reminding me that I do need to keep things in perspective and there are many, many people out there much worse off than we are. I am very thankful for everything that we have and for this life of ours, crazy as it can be at times!