HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Friday, December 28, 2007

Aloha Friday #14

alohafriday5 It's Friday again! My favorite day of the week. Although I'm all messed up with my days this week so it doesn't even really feel like an actual Friday... But I'm sneaking in a quick question before I head off to bed and our trip tomorrow.

Do you make New Year's resolutions? If so, do you usually keep them?

I have sometimes made them, but I can't really say that I've put a lot of effort into keeping them. I tend to either pick things that are really difficult and so I give up right at the beginning, or things that I know I'm going to do anyway, so there's no extra effort involved.

I am making one this year though, that I hope to keep. It's not creative or different, but I really want (and need) to try and live healthier. Hopefully this will also lead to losing weight as well, but I want the focus to be on eating and living healthy in general, so that hopefully I can start (and stop) some habits for good. We'll see if this is something achievable or not, but I really plan to try.

Be sure to check out An Island Life for other fun Aloha Friday questions and to play along!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

15 wonderful people said...:

Heart of Rachel said...

I used to make resolutions but it's often hard to keep them. I just try to do better each year by learning from my mistakes and improving other things.

Michelle Olsen Sasak said...

I don't make them. When I used to, I always ended up feeling guilty when I didn't meet my goals, so I decided to not make them anymore. I just try to be a good person and treat others as I want to be treated, and that's enough for me :)

Anonymous said...

First time here. I don't make any resolutions, never have because I just know I won't keep them! ANyway, here's hoping you'll be able to keep yours this time around. ANd Happy New Year to you!

Anonymous said...

I don't always make them, so when I do I know it is something that really needs to be done so I work really hard at following through.

Anonymous said...

I don't make resolutions because in the past I haven't kept them.

Carey said...

Hi! I dont make resolutions either, because I dont tend to stick to them. Tis fun to think about the things i would like to do or change, but those things come in there own time usually, not when i want them to happen.

Karen said...

That's a really good resolution! I'd do that one too but if it has the word "resolution" to it, it's bound to fail. :(

Write From Karen said...

Hi Deb!

I absolutely make resolutions and I absolutely keep them ... well, most of them. I like to post the list somewhere prominent (like the fridge) and when I've accomplished said goal, I cross it off. It's a GREAT feeling.

Have fun on your trip!

Write From Karen
Aloha Friday
writefromkaren.com

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

i don't make new year's resolutions. well, i don't really take them seriously but if there is something that i seriously want to resolve, i do not wait for the new year.

Unknown said...

Nope cuz I feel guilty if I don't keep them. I don't need to add to the guilt. :)

Anonymous said...

I do make resolutions, but I seem to not be able to stick to them for very long. The one resolution for me would be to try harder to stick to my resolutions, most likely to be more organized, or more frugal, in spending less.

PinksandBluesGirls said...

I always make resolutions and I TRY to keep them! :) Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't! But it wouldn't be New Years without them, right!?

Happy New Year, Deb!

Jane, Pinks & Blues

Mom Knows Everything said...

I suck at keeping my resolutions so I decided to do an easy one this year, be happy.

Claremont First Ward said...

I rarely make them. Puts too much pressure on me, and then I'm destined to fail. THis year I'm thinking about making one good resolution and then sticking to it! :)

Anonymous said...

No resolutions for me. I usually can't remember what they were after a few months.