HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #18 - Christmas photos

tt12

Thirteen Things about our holiday photos!

We got our holiday photos taken at Target last week, which was definitely an interesting experience. I got the proofs online yesterday, so thought I would share 13 of them here - the good, the bad, and the well, ones we definitely didn't order any of! In general though they turned out rather well, especially considering that my expectations were pretty low - as long as the picture included the people who were supposed to be in it, and their faces were somewhat turned toward the camera, I was going to be happy with it. :)

First, the good, although I'm saving my favorite for my Wordless Wednesday post next week. These are the ones that we ordered prints of (minus the 'enhancements' that they offered but we didn't purchase):

  1. The family portrait:
    Xmas2007-Family_009

  2. Abby:
    Xmas2007-Abby_005

  3. Hannah:
    Xmas2007-Hannah_006

  4. Becca:
    Xmas2007-Becca_003

  5. Three girls together:
    Xmas2007-Girls_005

  6. Hannah's 5-year portrait:
    Hannah-5year_010

The 'bad' - or at least the 'not quite as' good:

  1. I don't know why the photographer thought it was a good idea to try standing on a stepladder to take the family photo, but we definitely didn't like how these turned out so much.
    Xmas2007-Family_001

  2. I think she wasn't quite sure what to think in the first one - and can you see Ron's shoe in the background in the second one?
    Xmas2007-Becca_001

  3. Ugh - we need to get Abby's glasses re-adjusted so they will stay up on her nose!
    Xmas2007-Abby_008

  4. This is just a very, very not good picture. That's all.
    Hannah-5year_009

  5. We couldn't pry the Cookie Monster cup out of Becca's hands for the pictures of the 3 girls together (right after the 20 minutes we waited while the studio staff were all attempting to fix the camera).
    Xmas2007-Girls_007

And the ones we definitely didn't order!

  1. I don't know if you can see it clearly here, but we apparently didn't get the tissue applied to her nose in time after the crying fit and before this particular photo was taken:
    Xmas2007-Becca_009

  2. I love this one - it's like a comedy of errors kind of, with Becca chewing on her cup and Abby looking sideways over her glasses...
    Xmas2007-Girls_006

And by my count, that makes 13, even though I couldn't figure out how to make the list number consistently when I broke it up with text. This isn't even all of the proofs - maybe I'll share some of the others another time. :)

Links to other Thursday Thirteeners:

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

15 wonderful people said...:

Denise Patrick said...

The kids are adorable - even in the ones you didn't purchase.

Happy TT!

Coco said...

I loved your last pic. It's so cute! All the other pictures are lovely too, really :)

jenn said...

I think #5 was cute!
Happy tt!

Shana said...

They all turned out great! I understand all to well, how hard it can be to take a good family picture...lol!!! :o)

Jean said...

I am so there with you on having a crazy portrait session. The last time I had one just for the boys, I took them by myself..which was insanity! I came out of there quite disheveled and a mom that was waiting her turn to go in must have felt sorry for me cause she gave me a whole bunch of her coupons. It's so much easier for me to just do it myself at home.
I loved your pics though! :)

~Amber~ said...

Great pics! I LOVE the girls dresses!! I love Hannah's 5 year potraits too! She looks awesome in blue!

Anonymous said...

How cute!

I cracked up at the sippy cup ones... Jenny and I took Joshua and Kate to Target about a year and a half ago, and Gerber Puffs are prominently featured in those pictures! :)

jennwa said...

Those are so cute. That is a great post.

Nicholas said...

Even with the ones you don't send out you'll have many happy memories in future.

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

Yeah, we love our "snot shot" pictures around here, too...

The "keepers" are awesome. Great shots!

Jennifer said...

I think you got some good shots there! I hate trying to get a shot of all 3 of my kids, it can be torture!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh, they're wonderful pictures!! You'd never know by looking at them that you had to wait 20 minutes for the camera to work right. Sheessss!

Haylie said...

hannah is so adorible so is becca and abby they are all so cute

Kerry said...

What a beautiful family you have! Great pictures.

Crazy Working Mom said...

OMG, how in the heck did I miss this post?! Those photos are great. You have a beautiful family. :)

Tisha @ CrAzY Working Mom