HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Solitude

The house is quiet. Only the hum of the air purifier and the low tones of the television break the silence. No children chattering, no husband clattering around the place.

I feel the lack of hustle and bustle as a soft blanket, covering me as I sit on my bed and type. In my warm, comfy, cozy pajamas with a bit of chocolate and a tall glass of water at my bedside.

These moments happen so rarely, with all 3 kids asleep in their beds and a husband sleeping as well, in the living room recliner. The house to myself - only me and the cats are awake.

I am not lonely however, as I have 3 'friends' left by a certain little someone in our bed earlier. They sit and watch me with open eyes, but I do not mind their company since they don't break my precious solitude with sound - they are in fact incapable of it. Therefore, the perfect companions for a night such as this.


There is laundry to be done, dishes to load, floors to sweep and other such chores awaiting. However, I am safe here in my bedroom where those things cannot be seen and therefore can't induce guilt for my ignoring them. They certainly aren't going anywhere, after all. There will always be laundry to do, dishes to load and unload, and especially since we have a toddler and no dog - the floors will always need to be swept. I am not going to waste my solitude on such things tonight. There will be plenty of time enough for them, tomorrow.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

2 wonderful people said...:

Crazy Working Mom said...

Too cute! :)

Tisha @ CrAzY Working Mom

Shana said...

The best friends to have sometimes, the kind that don't talk back...lol! Love this post! :o)