HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Walking in a winter wonderland...

Or maybe not walking, so much as

lying on... 
HannahPlayingInSnow_003

(it was bright, so that's why I couldn't get her to open her eyes)














throwing snowballs in...
GirlsPlayingInSnow-Dec07_002

tasting...
HannahPlayingInSnow_002

sitting on...
BeccaPlayingInSnow_030

and even crawling in...
BeccaPlayingInSnow_026

which, by the way, doesn't work very well when the snow is up to your knees...
BeccaPlayingInSnow_042

Becca's knees, anyway! I think we only got about 4 or 5 inches, but that was plenty to get 3 little girls very excited about playing outside this morning.

It took a few minutes to get everyone all suited up and ready to go.

First Abby - who has already lost her hat this year and I haven't brought myself to get her another one yet since I have the feeling it'll only end up the same way:

AbbyPlayingInSnow_001

Then Hannah:

HannahPlayingInSnow_001

Becca was a bit confused by the snowpants.

BeccaPlayingInSnow_043

And apparently she decided that the snow needed to be cleaned off of everything.

Like the little picnic table on the front porch,

BeccaPlayingInSnow_039

our front step,

BeccaPlayingInSnow_037

the Christmas decorations,

BeccaPlayingInSnow_035

and then her boots, once she realized they were covered as well.

BeccaPlayingInSnow_027

In past years, Abby was the one who always lasted about 5 minutes outside in the cold before heading in, and Hannah was the one with blue lips, shivering - yet insisting, "I'm not cold!".

HannahPlayingInSnow_005

So I was surprised when after only a few minutes, Hannah decided that she was cold and went inside. And Abby stayed out with Becca and I for quite a while, even without a hat.

AbbyPlayingInSnow_003

We ended up in the backyard where Abby discovered that the snow was too light to sled on, and Becca headed immediately (if slowly) for her favorite thing - the swingset.

BeccaPlayingInSnow_018

After all, how's a little bit of cold, white, fluffy stuff going to stop a relatively new 'big girl' swinger!

BeccaPlayingInSnow_014

BeccaPlayingInSnow_006

BeccaPlayingInSnow_003

BeccaPlayingInSnow_007

Ok, hmmm, now that you mention it, maybe it IS just a tiny bit cold out here.

"Last one inside's a rotten egg"!

BeccaPlayingInSnow_041

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

3 wonderful people said...:

Kerry said...

Looks like so much fun! Once the boys get over their colds I can't wait to get them out in the snow! I love Becca's hat.

Anonymous said...

OMG! Look at all that snow! We're supposed to go to Lake Tahoe in March but now I'm not so sure I can handle it!

Kailani
An Island Life

Anonymous said...

How adorable is Becca's hat! It's cute that she's cleaning everything. Haha. It looks mighty cold though. I wouldn't have lasted even 5 seconds outside. But snow! I've never felt snow in my whole life...