HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday #14 - What do I fix?

This week's WFMW is on a theme - imagining you are in a rush at dinnertime, too much to do and too little time or in the fridge to really whip up a gourmet meal for your family. So what do you fix?

Well, honestly? This sounds like my life almost every night. I don't plan meals ahead - mainly because I never know if Ron's going to be home or not, and even when I try to plan ahead, I somehow never end up feeling like eating what I had planned so end up doing something else anyway. And lately, we've got so much going on in the evenings that I have to make dinner as quickly as possible on top of all that. And while not all of my kids are picky, they do tend to not all like the same thing - as you'll see by my example below.

So what do I fix?

I've been trying to branch out from the standard staples of peanut butter and jelly, bologna, hot dogs and frozen waffles. Unfortunately those do end up on our dinner table still more often than I like. Two nights ago I surprised myself though by thinking creatively (for me anyway) and noticing that we had eggs and bread in the fridge. Ouila - scrambled eggs and toast! Which backfired a bit since I was the only one who actually ate both the eggs and toast.

Abby ate a couple of bites of eggs and then 1-1/2 slices of toast with grape jelly. Becca threw her eggs on the floor and ate the other 1-1/2 slices of toast with grape jelly. Hannah ate no toast (thus, the slice split between the other two), but did eat her eggs as well as the rest of Abby's. And I wished we had a dog to eat the ones off of the floor because stepping on scrambled egg is just plain yucky, as I found out before I had the chance to get it cleaned up.

Oh yes, and by the time I got everyone sorted out with what they would actually consume, the floor cleaned and my socks changed - my dinner was cold. Sigh.

Oh well, back to the drawing board! I'm going to be checking out all of the other great tips since I really need some help with this one (thanks, Shannon, for such a great topic this week!).

Check out more Works For Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer!

Technorati Tags:

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

2 wonderful people said...:

Laura Marchant said...

Dinner is always a hard one. My daughter always ends up eating something different than us which in turn has me making two dinners.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I like having a dog just for that fact, it eats all the stuff my toddler throws on the floor. LOL!