HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, December 20, 2007

And we didn't even give Daddy a time-out...

We were eating at McDonalds the other night while Abby was at her latest counseling appointment.

I know, I know - not the healthiest of options, but when you have a total of 50 minutes after dropping Abby off to pack the other kids back into the car, drive somewhere, unpack the kids, order and wait for food, eat, pack everyone back up into the car, drive back and unpack the kids yet again, you do what you have to...

Ron was with us this time so he, Hannah, Becca and I found a booth and we got everyone situated with Becca in a high chair. However, she was not impressed by being the only one at the table in a high chair, and proceeded to both let us know (loudly) while attempting to simultaneously climb out of the high chair and stuff her face full of chicken nuggets and fries.

I have very talented children, you see.

Ron was getting a bit frustrated with her, especially since she was covered in ranch dressing and the world would come to an end if he got one tiny little minuscule amount of it on himself. So he was trying to hold her in the high chair, and Becca was quite upset about that.

So Becca then turns to me, and as clearly as you can imagine, bursts out with, "Moooooommmmyyyy, Daddy pushed me!" in that drawn out, accusatory yet whiny tone of voice that kids always seem to use when tattling or trying to get someone else into trouble.

Ron and I tried (not too successfully) to hold in our laughter because she said it exactly the same way, inflection and all, that her big sisters do.

Sigh.  Is it too late to re-think this whole third child thing?   :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

11 wonderful people said...:

Jean said...

A working momma should never have to defend herself on the nutritional value of dinner. :)
How many times has my 3 year old told me I need a time out? To many. I always respond that mommy would love to have a time out.

Corey~living and loving said...

gotta love that pistol or yours. :) cute story!

Lindy said...

Oh, Becca - you little character you! Yep, Deb. I think it's too late. Besides, she's kinda stolen my heart : )

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

very very cute .. so Daddy is off the nice list.

Karen said...

Give me a time out anytime you want! What is it? One minute per year of age. Yeah, I turn 40 in a few days!!! 40 minutes of BLISS. I might just have to start shoving and biting just to get more time outs! :)

Hey, tomorrow....look for something from me, for you, on my blog. :)

MomOf4 said...

Toddler wrangling - always a challenge! My kids never liked the high chairs either. The Knight was especially good at escaping!

John J. Kaiser said...

Sounds like a fun dinner. My daughter has refused to sit in high chairs since she was 1. She HAD TO sit on daddy's lap.

Melanie said...

Oh that is too funny!!

And, fast food- it's a must when you have kids to pack into and out of the car, order food, etc in only 50 minutes. It's amazing to me that you were even able to do all of that.

http://livinwithme.com/

Mom Knows Everything said...

That's hilarious!!! My toddler loves rating people out.

Unknown said...

That's not fair. Daddy needs a time out. *lol*

Deb, My kids are coming from California tomorrow, so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to blog. I want to make sure to wish you and your precious family a wonderful Christmas season.

Your friend,
Sher :)

Anonymous said...

She sounds a WHOLE lot like my son, Tyler. I know they'd get along just fine! *LOL*

Oh, and yup, I think it's a bit late to rethink the third child thing. :)