HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Yes, this is a very long meme!

Thanks to ExPat Mom for tagging me for this 'very long' meme! It may be long, but it's fun to just answer questions sometimes. So here goes...

1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? Soap? Well, there's Ron's Lever 2000 bar soap. And my Dove sensitive skin body wash. And the girls' Kandoo body wash. Oh and Becca's Gerber foaming baby wash. Yikes, that's a lot of soap in one tub!

2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? Nope, not at the moment. We did have some in there at one point during the summer though, but it's out of season here now.

3. What would you change about your living room?
Hmm, now that we've painted it, I like it much better. But I would love to replace the curtains that don't match the rest of the room (bought to match a previous sofa) - but I want to wait until our kitten is declawed first.

4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty?
I'm trying to think... They were clean and I emptied it this morning and refilled it - I don't think it's been run since then though, so they are probably dirty. That reminds me - excuse me while I go run the dishwasher...

5. What is in your fridge? Do you really want to know? I mean really? Ok. Well, there's milk in there - whole milk for Becca and 2% for everyone else. And apple juice. And both butter (for Ron) and Shedd's spread margarine (for me). Hmm, also lunchmeat (ham and turkey for my lunches), bologna (for the girls), hot dogs, bread (two kinds - high fiber wheat bread for Hannah and regular wheat for the rest of us), Gogurt, applesauce, cheese, apples, grapes, baby carrots, a leftover chicken patty from dinner the other night, a couple of open jars of pasta sauce, and a whole bunch of condiments and such on the door that I'm not going to list here. I think that's it. Yes, we need to go grocery shopping soon... :)

6. White or wheat bread? Home Pride wheat. And I've been buying a higher fiber, whole wheat for Hannah to help up her fiber intake.

7. What is on top of your refrigerator? My lunch tote, the charger cord for Ron's meter for work, two phone books, a tin full of pennies, a tin with dominoes in it and the card game Phase 10.

8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? Blue with seashells on it.

9. How many plants are in your home? None. I have allergies, cats who like to eat plants, and a black thumb, none of which lends itself to having live plants in the house.

10. Is your bed made right now? Nope. It usually is, but I got lazy this morning.

11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Um, neither. I usually clean with disinfecting wipes or something like Formula 409. Believe me, my house is probably not nearly as clean as it should be.

12. Is your closet organized? Nope. It used to be - really. Until I gained weight and 3/4 of the clothes in it no longer fit. Plus I have assorted birthday and Christmas gifts for the girls squashed in there too.

13. Can you describe your flashlight? Flashlight? I think there may be one that works somewhere in the house. Oh and I have one of those little squeeze ones on my keychain.

14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic more at home? Plastic. The glass ones have been put up until the kids are older.

15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? No, I don't drink iced tea. Usually water out of the refrigerator dispenser at home.

16. If you have garage, is it cluttered? Yep. It needed to be cleaned out all summer but with Ron's long hours, it never happened.

17. Curtains or blinds? I got rid of all the blinds in the house after I was diagnosed with allergies. And I was also annoyed with not having a clear view out of my windows anyway. So now we have pull shades on all of the windows with either valances or curtains on most of them.

18. How many pillows do you sleep with? Two.

19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? No, unless you count the blinking lights on the front of the laptop, which sits right next to the bed.

20. How often do you vacuum? Well, until last weekend our vacuum cleaner didn't work terribly well so it was not nearly as often as it needed to be done. My friend Mary gave us her old one last weekend (she got a Dyson - I am SO jealous!) and I've vacuumed twice in the past week now. I think it's a record, sad to say.

21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard.

22. What color is your toothbrush? Just got a new one from the dentist a couple of weeks ago - it's purple.

23. Do you have welcome mat on your front porch? Yes.

4. What is in your oven right now? Nothing.

25. Is there anything under your bed? Hmm, under my side is just a plastic bin with old photo negatives in it and some rolled-up posters from long ago, I think. I have no idea what's under Ron's side, nor do I want to know!

26. Chore you hate the most? Vacuuming. See #20. Oh and cleaning bathrooms.

27. What retro items are in your home? Retro? I have no idea what we own that might be considered retro.

28. Do you have a separate room you use an an office? I wish... Right now it's a combination between my kitchen island and the corner of my bedroom where the laptop sits.

29. How many mirrors are in your home? Two. One in the main bathroom and one on the bathroom door.

30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? Believe me, I wish we did!

31. What color are your walls? The living room ones are now tan and beige/gold. The kitchen is white on the top half and a light sage green on the bottom half. Abby and Hannah's room is pink and Becca's is a light lavenderish color. The basement is a coral/peach/tan color. The rest of the house is still white.

32. What does your home smell like right now? Still am a bit stuffed up, so I can't really tell.

33. Favorite candle scent? Anything like cinnamon or apples. Or lilac.

34. What kind of pickles are in your refrigerator right now? Don't have any. Ron absolutely, completely, utterly detests pickles. To the point of sending restaurant food back if there's a pickle even on the plate. He can't stand the taste or the smell. Abby does like them, but I don't buy them because Ron would freak out.

35. Ever been on your roof? Nope, but Ron has.

36. Do you own a stereo? We got a cheap stereo tuner with our tax return last year. Otherwise we have 2 non-working mini stereos, 3 portable boombox type ones and the under counter radio/cd player in the kitchen.

37. How many TVs do you have? Let's see. There's one in the living room and one in our bedroom. Then there's one in the basement and one in the computer room. And an extra that's not hooked up right now.

38. How many phones? We have 3 land line phones upstairs - one wall phone in the kitchen and 2 cordless handsets. Then there's a corded phone in the computer room downstairs. Ron and I both have cell phones and Ron also has his work Nextel phone.

39. Do you have a housekeeper? I wish!!

40. What style do you decorate in? Hmm, you'd probably have to call it 'comfy eclectic on a budget'. I wish I could afford to actually decorate a whole room, but it hasn't been a priority.

41. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Solid colors.

42. Is there a smoke detector in your home? Yes, there is one upstairs and one in the basement.

I think I'll tag Anna, Tammy and Karen for this one if they want to play or anyone else who wants to! :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

3 wonderful people said...:

Karen said...

Thanks for tagging me, but I'd already done this one:
http://www.pediascribe.com/20071007/sunday-meme-an-interview/

Mom Knows Everything said...

Thanks for the tag! I'm off to do it now. :o)

bcmomtoo said...

I do want to play. I'm just not going to promise when. I have several memes lined up to do. Sometimes I despair of ever getting caught up. Still, they're fun, and I want to do them.