HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Heads or Tails #21 - First or Last

Ok, well first of all - sorry this is late! It may even be the last H0T posted today...   :)

I'm not feeling much better than I was on Sunday - or yesterday (I took the day off and slept for 5 hours straight), so I'm headed into the doctor in about an hour to see if it's 'just' a virus or if there's something else going on. Thank you so much for all of the well wishes!

Yesterday was the first day of the new session for Hannah's cheerleading, which meant that I had to drag all 3 kids out there in order to get her signed up, even with feeling miserable.  Unfortunately, they've made a scheduling change since last session - Hannah's group (level one) now starts at 6:00 pm instead of 6:15 pm. Ok, well picking up the kids, getting home by 5:30 pm, feeding everyone and getting Hannah to cheer was difficult enough before, but to have 15 minutes less - pretty much impossible. Yesterday we went over there straight from daycare - by the time we got home, the kids didn't get dinner until 7:30 pm (it ran longer than usual because of registration for the new session), and then had to go straight to bed afterward.

I thought a lot about whether or not to even sign her up again, but she loves cheering so much that I didn't want to take it away from her.  We'll figure out the logistics somehow - we managed to deal with a 6:00 pm soccer practice for Abby last fall, which wasn't easy, but it worked.

With last night being the first day of the new session, parents and family were able to watch the kids practice. Which meant that I spent most of the time collecting Becca from the middle of the gym floor and bringing her back to the bleachers to sit with Abby and I. She'd run out there and plunk her little self down there with all of the other girls, not understanding why Hannah got to be out there and she couldn't. I ended up taking her out into the school lobby to walk around for a while - and she surprised me with an almost perfect rendition of the first cheer that the girls had worked on earlier.

Hannah may be the first cheerleader in our family, but somehow I'm thinking she won't be the last!


Check out other Heads or Tails posts at Skittles' Place!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

6 wonderful people said...:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Don't you hate to be sick when your children needs to be at different places.
I don't believe there been no cheerleaders in our family.
Hope you feel better and hope your daughter does well in her cheer leading adventure.

Anonymous said...

I am one of the cheerleaders in our school when i was in high school. Its fun and its nice to be one. Thanks for sharing.

Rambler said...

Becca out on the gym floor must have been so much fun :)

Misty DawnS said...

That's an adorable story about Becca surprising you with the cheer ;-) Best of luck getting the logistics worked out - maybe you could have a healthy snack to give them on the way to practice to tide them over until getting home to dinner? I don't know, just a suggestion.

bcmomtoo said...

I'm sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. The world just will not stop and give you time to get better, will it?

I think it's cool that they offer cheerleading for such little girls. Given half a chance, I bet Becca could learn all the cheers. I remember when I was in cheerleading, my little brother learned all our cheers. He was so cute - even though my other brothers tried to tell him that cheerleading was for girls.

Maybe a brown bag dinner? More planning for you, I know.

Andree said...

What a busy life! I really hope you are feeling better (which can be difficult when you can't rest as much as you need to).