HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Friday, February 1, 2008

Aloha Friday #18

It's Friday again - my favorite day of the week! :)

So here is this week's question:

What is your usual bedtime? Do you always make it to bed on time? How about your kids - what are their bedtimes (or if they're already grown, how old were they when they started setting their own bedtimes)?

My kids have a pretty set bedtime at 8:00 pm. If they're obviously tired or grumpy, we tweak the routine to get them in bed by 7:30 pm - although that'll get harder once they start learning to tell time! Right now, all 3 of them pretty much go to bed at the same time usually.

The bedtime that I've set for myself is supposed to be no later than 11:30 pm. However, that's been very hard to stick to, so I tend to either find myself up until 1:00 am or asleep on the couch by 9:00 pm. Yes, I know - it's something I need to work on!

Check out An Island Life to see more Aloha Friday questions or to play along!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

10 wonderful people said...:

Kristi said...

We try to have lights out around 7:30 but it depends on moods and naps during the day. It also depends on if it is a school night.

I've been going to bed earlier just because snuggling under the covers seems to be the only way to get warm lately.

Cathy said...

Quinn (3 yrs old) is usually in bed by 7:30. Sometimes we let him stay up 'til 8, but he doesn't sleep in, so what's the point?
Liam (8 months old) is in bed sometime between 6pm and 7pm. Depending on his mood.
I (30 yrs old) am usually asleep on the couch by 9pm. I usually just got to bed that early. My boys both wake up early and the baby still nurses in the early morning, so my only real chance to sleep is from 9pm-3am.

Phyllis Sommer said...

my 1 & 2 year old children go to bed around 6:15pm and the 6-year-old goes to bed around 7pm. we're more flexible in the summer. i'm sure things will change as my 6-year-old gets more homework, and of course really understands time...

Unknown said...

You might recall, I'd stay up all night if the rest of the world did. :) But I try to get myself to bed by 1:00 am. That seems to work for me.

Anonymous said...

My boys, 2 years and 8 months, go to bed at 7, but if they are being particularly ornery, we move the time up to around 6:30. They often skip naps, and are up super early in the morning, so getting that extra time at night without children is vital.

I go to bed anywhere between 8 pm and midnight, depending on how early I woke up and how much work I have to get done before bed.

Unknown said...

For our 8 month old daughter, bedtime is 7 pm. My usual bedtime is 9 pm. Hubby likes to stay up later, but is learning to go to bed earlier.

Dee said...

the kids rarely go to bed on time, but 8 year old has a 9:30 bedtime, and the 14 year old has a 10:00 bedtime....I usually go to bed at 11:30............I'm a night owl.

Dee

Anonymous said...

On school night they're in bed by 8:30pm. Otherwise they stay up pretty late.

As for me, I usually never get to bed until after midnight.

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

I am asleep by 9:30 most nights and horizontal by 8:45. Baby goes to sleep between 7 an 7:30. Older ones go up around 8:00. Lately, though it has been torture. They are a bit wild when they get home from the babysitter's.

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Peanut's (3) bedtime is 8:00 sometimes it's pushed back to 8:30 depending on how late she napped that day. The older two's bedtime is 9:00. On the weekends they get to stay up a little later sometimes. I don't really have a bedtime. I usually fall asleep on the couch for an hour or two then blog a little then go to bed around 11:30 when my husband does. It's a bad habit, but not one I'm likely to change.