HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #26 - More time for blogging!

ttflowersWe've all seen the television shows one by one start to 'go dark' as they run out of episodes during the writers' strike. Some of my favorite shows are already into reruns or off the air all together. Even with American Idol back and Lost starting up again tonight, it's leaving me with either a lot of extra time in the evenings - or a much smaller load of guilt since I'm no longer watching tv instead of doing other things that I should be doing (like oh, housework, dishes, laundry). And oh yes, it's left me more time for blogging and blog-reading! :)

I actually am enjoying not being beholden to the television in the evenings - I can watch it if I want to (there's a still a few shows on our DVR that I need to watch, or new episodes of some of my favorite cable network shows), but I don't feel like I have to. It's made me realize a couple of things - first that I watch way too much television, and second that if I actually turn off the television, I have more energy and interest in doing other things than I thought I would.

Here are my favorite shows that have already 'gone dark':

  1. Criminal Minds

  2. CSI

  3. CSI: Miami

  4. Grey's Anatomy

  5. Heroes

  6. Law & Order: SVU

  7. NCIS

  8. Numb3rs

  9. Private Practice

  10. Without a Trace

And since that's only 10, here are 3 more popular shows that I don't watch but which also have run out of episodes - this isn't the entire list, but you can see the full list of which shows do and don't have episodes left at TV Gui*e.

  1. 30 Rock

  2. Desperate Housewives

  3. The Office

Links to other Thursday Thirteeners:



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Thank you to Write From Karen for the header graphic this week!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

9 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

I support the strike, but I miss my stories. :) Happy TT

Lori Watson said...

Just posted my first Thursday Thirteen. The link thing is pretty cool, how do you do that?

I admit I love TV myself and am really missing Chuck and Heroes especially and looking forward to Battlestar Galactica's final season in April and hoping it actually happens!

I'm catching up on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel dvd's in the meantime. :-)

Anonymous said...

I miss watching CSI, and Heroes.

On Tuesday I was happy to see a new episode of House, surprising.

If it wasn't for Reality shows, I wouldn't watch hardly any tv at all.

Mia said...

I find the strike very frustrating. Can't wait till its over.

Great list, Happy TT!!!

Anonymous said...

I've got rehearsals 3 nights a week so that's about the only thing that has kept me from crying about the strike.

I'm reading more, though, so I guess that's good!

And thanks for reminding me about LOST!!!

Anonymous said...

Yup, I miss my shows too! I'm with you on a lot of those. :(

Anonymous said...

You know, I find that I just don't miss watching TV. Maybe the lack of new shows is a good thing. I'm actually caught up on laundry now...and that is very scary!

Anonymous said...

I don't watch any on your 1 - 10 list but I do watch the 3 extra ones you list. I miss them, bit I do support the writers.

Anonymous said...

I don't watch.