HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Friday!

Yes, I am happy that it's Friday! And the sun is out - which doesn't happen too often in MI in the winter, so I'm enjoying looking at the blue sky as I sit here at my desk on my morning break. My mom will be here this afternoon, which is a wonderful thing for many reasons. I enjoy her company, the girls are thrilled to have Grandma here (which gives me a bit of a break), and I will get to sleep in tomorrow because Mom usually gets up with the kids and lets me sleep on Saturday mornings. And it's the start of a 3-day weekend, so even better.  :)

Hey, you gotta take your joy where you can find it - it's not often that I just plain 'let' myself feel happy, so I'm going to push other worries aside for the moment and enjoy it while it lasts.

Here are a few more things to feel happy about on this Friday morning - I've gotten some awards recently that I need to acknowledge and pass along. You all know how much I enjoy that, right?  :)

hottie

First, I received the 'Blog Buddies' award from my friend Corey over at Living and Loving Every Minute Of It. Thank you, Corey! For the award, and for saying, "You are a blogging queen. So kind, helpful, and fun. thanks!". If you haven't been to Corey's blog, you have to go and wish her sweet little Sugar Bear a very happy 3rd birthday - and see all of the incredible photos that Corey posts. She is an amazing photographer!

I'd like to pass this along to some of the friends I've made through blogging - Anna, Tammy, Jean, Christine, Holly, KC, MomOfThree, and Wendy. And to any other of my blogging friends, please feel free to take it as well - I love you all!  :)

 DailyDose

Thank you to Jennifer from A "Sample" of Jennifer's Thoughts for this award! Here's what it means:

"This little award is called The Daily Dose - and here is all the important info to tell you what it is about and where it came from. This is a tribute to all the blogs that you've discovered that you can't possibly live without. They make you laugh, cry, think and feel connected every time you read a post. They give you a thrill as you see them loading into your browser and you get an equally satisfying thrill when you see that they have commented on your blog".From Xandra: creator, The Daily Dose Award.

It's an honor to be considered someone's Daily Dose - thank you so much!

I read a lot of blogs - some more regularly than others, but I try to keep up as much as I can. I don't always have the chance to comment on every post or to reply to comments that people leave here - if there were several more hours in a day, I would love to though! There are several blogs that I do try to read religiously and don't consider my day complete until I have the chance to see what they're up to. So this one goes to Karen, Summer, Corey, Kailani, Michelle, Shannon, Sherry, Shana, Megan, Carrie, and Karen.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Anna at Beth & Cory's Mom has given me the 'You Cheer Me Up' award! Here's what Anna said, "You ladies cheer me up like hot cocoa on a cold day, like curling up with a good book and a warm blanket, like a visit to the lake in the summertime - and so much more."  Aww, you are so sweet and thank you!

This award was created by Ann at A Nice Place in the Sun:

If you are one of the recipients of the You Cheer Me Up Award, please find at least five blogs that cheer you up, copy the code to post on your sidebar (can be found on Ann's post) and pass Ethel and Lucy across the blogosphere. You can use what cheers you up in your post, or copy this one, all I ask is that you link back to the original post to get a copy of the code for the image, and check out the list of the wonderful blogs I will have posted on the award page.

I'd like to pass this along to Kristi, Amber, Eileen, Kerry and Jennifer. You ladies always help to cheer me up.

Happy Friday, everyone! :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

15 wonderful people said...:

Cecily R said...

Wow! That's a lot of awards...congrats on all of them!

Anonymous said...

That is sweet of you Deb! Thank you for the award. It's nice to have you for a blog buddy.:)

Unknown said...

Deb, I'm so touched and honored! Thank you so much. Of all the awards, this is the most special.

I hope you know, you have warmed my heart.

Thank you dear friend. :)
Gonna go put it up right now!!

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to see the blue sky here in Ohio, too. Definitely a welcome reprieve from all the GRAY!!

Congrats on all your awards. You deserve every one!

Kristi said...

Thanks Deb for my first award. Now you need to help me figure out to transfer it and pass it on. :)

Mom Knows Everything said...

Thank you so much for the award. I'll post it tomorrow! Have a great long weekend and enjoy your extra sleep.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Blog awards are so much fun! You are a very loved blogger!! :)

~melody~

bcmomtoo said...

Hurray for awards! Thank you. You're a great blog buddy.

I tagged you for a link list thing Tammy tagged me for. It should be good for getting your new url out there.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Deb! You made my night!! Thanks so much for the You Cheer Me Up Award. I Love Lucy so much, and your kind words were the best. I will try to do it the way you said, not sure I know how to do it with the code, but I will try.
Have a great weekend and enjoy your Saturday Sleeping in!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards and thanks for making me smile!

Lindy said...

Congratulations Deb! Each and every one of them well deserved : )

Thank you so much for the "Dose" award too - put a huge smile in the end of my weekend : )

Anonymous said...

Congrats Deb! Thank you so much for doing such a great job of passing on the You Cheer Me Up Award. I almost used one of your Cheer Me Ups, the one where you wrote "like curling up with a good book and a warm blanket" although you said it better than I would have.

I'm going to add you and your recipients to my award list. Also, would you mind if I added your blog to my blogroll? Let me know, o.k. ?

Have a great evening~ Cheers

Ann

Anonymous said...

Deb, I went ahead and added your recipients to my award list, including you Kristi. LOL Deb, I thought I would try and help explain how to copy the code. You get the image by right clicking your mouse and copy the little code in the scroll box, then paste the code in your post or in your sidebar and the picture should come up when you hit publish. Then you think of the things that cheer you up or your welcome to use the ones in my post (I can't speak for Deb, but I bet she would say the same) then you copy the paragraph of instructions on what to do and link back to the original post so that your recipients can get the code and instructions, and I can add them to my award list. I hope that helped. I 'm still learning so much and some of these techno stuff can have you pulling your hair out.

Anyway thanks again Deb, and congrats, and you did a super job. I love your blog.

Corey~living and loving said...

Congrats on the awards Deb. So well deserved. :)
thanks for passing one to me. blush.....

Have a great week.

Kerry said...

You are so sweet Deb and I feel honored that you are cheered up when you visit!