On Monday, my littlest girl will turn two years old. I can hardly believe that the past two years have flown by so fast! In keeping with my T13 post about Hannah when her birthday came around last fall, I'm dedicating this week's list to my little Becca-boo. So here are 13 things that you may or may not know about her!
- Becca's full name is Rebecca Eleanor. Her middle name is the same as my mom's, and her first name is the last 'girl' one that Ron and I both liked - it was pretty slim pickings after we'd already used our first and second choices... But I do love the name and it fits her very well.
- Becca was born the day before her due date. I'll post her birth story on Monday, but she was induced because of a few concerns that my doctor had. I wasn't about to argue - I was very, very ready to meet my 3rd baby girl and even more ready to not be pregnant anymore, LOL.
- Becca was the most difficult baby out of our three, not counting Hannah's bout with reflux. She wasn't colicky and didn't have reflux, but she just seemed to need attention much more than the other two had. Or maybe it's just that I was home longer with her than I was with Abby or Hannah, plus under a lot of stress.
- She weighed 8 pounds 3 ounces at birth - almost right exactly in between Abby and Hannah's birth weights. She was a pretty skinny, long baby and has turned into a tall, um, robust toddler. She is definitely no lightweight anymore and if she keeps growing at this rate, I think she'll catch up to Hannah before too long. :)
- Becca is the spitting image of Ron. And I'm not kidding - look and see for yourself. Everybody who sees her says the same thing. However, she does have my eyes. :)
- She not only wants to do everything that her big sisters do - she thinks she can. She's way ahead of where they were developmentally at this age, because she doesn't seem to understand that she's just too little to do some things.
- She's finally starting to maybe grow a bit of hair. Not long or thick enough to actually do anything with yet, but you can actually fluff it up at least a little bit. However, what she lacks in hair, she makes up for in teeth - she's got a full mouth of them, including all four of her 2-year-old molars which have come in completely already.
- Becca is stubborn, with a capital 'S'. Oh my goodness, is this little girl stubborn. And pig-headed. And determined. She knows what she wants and she's not willing to take no for an answer. At least not without a fight. Or a tantrum. Oh yes, we're into the 'terrible' of the two's already...
- She has a smile that can light up the room, and the cutest little dimple, just like her Daddy (what did I tell you!). When she is happy, she bounces. And giggles. And laughs right out loud.
- She is very huggable. And kissable. I know this from much experience. :)
- Becca is so proud of herself when she accomplishes something that the 'big girls' do. Like brushing her hair, putting on her boots, taking off her coat, putting her hat on, sleeping in a 'real' bed, and going potty.
- Speaking of the potty... She insists on sitting on it and going every time we change her diaper. And she'll ask to use it at other times as well. We weren't going to push her or rush her into potty training, but she's pretty much made the decision for herself that she's ready. On the other hand, she won't go potty at daycare - she won't even set foot in the bathroom. Such a silly little boo.
- Her language is exploding. She uses new words every day and is putting them together in sentences like crazy. From "I need help!" to "night, night, Mommy - tank ewe" when I tuck her into bed, to "I snuggle" when she wants to crawl up into our laps, to calling all 5 of her Backyardigan 'friends' by their names, and repeating numbers and letters when we ask her to. The other day, she was doing her little plastic puzzle then when it was put together, she'd hold it up sideways, go 'one', 'two', and then on 'three' she'd turn it the rest of the way upside down so all the pieces fell out. She did this over and over, very pleased with herself. What a goofball.
So, there it is, (yes, Kristi - another 'ode' to Becca, LOL), my Becca 'Punkin' in 13 things. I have her birthday off from work and the girls have it off from school (thank you, MLK Jr. Day!), so we can have a fun family day at home.
Happy birthday, Becca-boo!
Links to other Thursday Thirteeners:
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
Thank you to Kelly @ Diary of the Nello for the header graphic this week!