HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #22 - More fun with Google search

I did this back in September and thought it was a lot of fun, so I went searching through Google Analytics this week to see what fun new searches I could find.

By the way - I've had several people ask in the comments how to find search term keywords for their site, so I wrote a quick post on how I did it - you can find it here! :)

It's very interesting to see what terms people are searching on that bring them to my blog. Some are quite disturbing - just think of the words "three" and "girls" (and maybe throw "Mom" in there) and I'll just leave the rest to your imagination. It's completely mind-boggling how sick some people can be.

But here are 13 of the searches that are PG and quite interesting - at least I think so! :)
  1. "pretend diapers" Well, it would be nice to just pretend to change diapers, but unfortunately they are all too real in my household, at least for now.

  2. "'a is for alligator' song" Oh yes. Zoophonics. And now that song is stuck in my head - again. Thank you very much. (Not!)

  3. "little bare feet" Definitely something I'm very fond of - they're just too cute!

  4. "'mom of three' birth pain" Well, yes I would think that most moms of 3 are probably quite familiar with birth pain...

  5. "3 girls and a puppy" Close! But no puppy. And don't even think about suggesting it. I have enough to deal with already, LOL.

  6. "rash on face that looks like sunburn" First of all, the way this reads it sounds like the face looks like sunburn. Assuming that it's just faulty grammar, I still can't help, but if it looks like sunburn then my guess would be that it probably is!

  7. "vomit splash blankie" Not a pleasant mental picture there, for sure, but one I'm unfortunately pretty familiar with - as is pretty much every parent, I would think.

  8. "why aren't the leaves falling" Sorry, can't help you there! But for what it's worth, they didn't fall until way later than normal around here either.

  9. "four year old girl temper tantrum middle child" You just summed up Hannah in 8 words, LOL. And if you find a cure for this, let me in on it, ok?

  10. "am i a bad mom or am i just tired?" My vote would be just tired. At least I like to think that's the case over here.

  11. "breast milking contest" Um, I really don't think I want to know...

  12. "do girls enjoy pooping" Does anyone? LOL

  13. "what's my dad's middle name" Are you really expecting Google to be able to answer that one? Because I sure can't!
And a bonus #14 - "sexy family girls mom & dad" Well, thank you very much! (blushing...) LOL

Links to other Thursday Thirteeners:


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Thank you to Write From Karen for the header graphic this week!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

13 wonderful people said...:

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

I didn't do a thursday thirteen, but I had to leave a comment - those are GREAT!!! I loved your little additions to each one! :) So funny...

Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom said...

Wow! This is a very interesting list!

I need to make one, too...

Thanks for inspiring :D

Forgetfulone said...

Wow! That's an interesting idea. Think I'll have to do a twist on your idea at a later time. Sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

I would like to know how to handle tantrums, too. Girlie Girl seems to be going through a weird phase right now!

JoAnn said...

Isn't it strange what sometimes brings people to a blog? Thanks for sharing your very interesting list.

Gattina said...

The results are really funny but the tip of the top was the"breast milking contest" Didn't even know that human cows exist, lol !

storyteller said...

Hmmm - I don't know what "Google Analytics Searches" are, but I found your list entertaining. My T-13 is up at Small Reflections. I hope you'll visit (and leave me a comment telling me what I'm missing with these searches please).
Hugs and blessings,

jenn said...

Those are too funny!
Happy tt!

~Amber~ said...

LOL!! Happy TT...now go respond to my email :)

Jean said...

Your going to have to tell me how you do the google hits thing. I think it would be fascinating to see the results.

Head Gaggler said...

Wow, interesting list. I would like to know how to do that too.

Karen said...

All I can say is that #14 is going to get you some more very interesting Google searches!

Anonymous said...

I would KILL for searches like this to show up on my blog...LOL!