HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Monday, January 7, 2008

Give Me Five #4 - Goals or hopes for 2008

The topic for this week is, "Give Me Five hopes or goals you have for the new year!"

We aren't supposed to list 'Resolutions', but goals or hopes. I like this idea better since I have a horrible track record at keeping resolutions anyway.

Here are my five wishes, hopes and goals for 2008, not in any particular order:

  1. Schoolwork. I thought of this one while driving into work this morning, since the girls are back at school today. I have a really hard time sitting down with them and doing any school work that doesn't need to go back the next day. Abby brings home words to learn, plus spelling words and I usually completely forget about them. Hannah brings home nursery rhymes with questions we're supposed to answer about how many words in each line, which line is shortest/longest, etc. And out of all of them that she's come home with since school started, how many have I sat down and done with her? One. I mean it's not like she absolutely needs the help - the child is starting to read on her own already. But I feel like she is (and I am) missing out by not sitting down and going through it anyway, and it'll help promote better homework skills later on. So I'm determined to remember to do this every night.

  2. Finances. I hope - really, really hope - that 2008 is the year that we will finally, after 4 years and a bankruptcy, get caught up financially to where we're paying everything on time. And once we're caught up, my goal is not to let things ever get so behind again.

  3. Health. I know I've said this before, and I've been absolutely horrible about doing anything to change it, but I really need to get my weight and my health under control. We need to start eating better as a family, and I need to find a way to be more active as well.

  4. Potty. I hope very much to have Becca potty trained this year. She'll be 2 in a couple of weeks, so it's not an unrealistic goal, and she's definitely interested - she sits and goes on the potty pretty much at every diaper change. So we just need to keep her excited about it until she has the bodily control to stay dry when she's not wearing a diaper. After 7 total years, we may actually be looking at the end of diapers!

  5. Stress. This goes along with #3 a bit, but I'd really like to find a way to either lower my stress or learn to handle it better. What that will entail, I have no idea at this point, but I'm going to try to work on it.

So what are your 5 hopes or goals for the New Year? Head on over to Becca's Buzz to share yours and check out more!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

7 wonderful people said...:

BeccA's Buzz said...

Fantastic list, I love it alot!
The trick to finances is simple, believe it or not. Decrease expenses and increase income! I have lots of tips for making things work...but it really takes effort from you and your family to come up with a real budget and stick to it. You can do it!!!! (see, I'm working on my encouraging skills right now!)

As far as health goes...eating better as a family starts at the grocery store. Kids who eat lots of sugar have to be weened down gradually. Look for ways of 'sneaking' in veggies in ways they won't notice if they don't like them. There are lots of options and suggestions for this one!!

If you can potty train BeccA the rest of the way, you will save a ton on diapers and that will automatically help #2! LOL

Stress....alot of people suffer in this dept. Look for ways to get organized, having clutter around adds to stress as well as being able to find things when you need to. Also, I pray. Girl when I get stressed out, I just breathe and pray...it works for me! Great GM5 this week, thanks for joining in again! I enjoyed it :)

Misty DawnS said...

Great list - I wish you the very best of luck in obtaining these hopes and goals!

Mom Knows Everything said...

Potty training is on the list of my goals too.

Anonymous said...

Great list of goals! Weightloss and health are of great concern to most of us! So, you're definitely not alone! Good luck!!

Jean said...

Im right there with ya on the school work, finances, along with keeping the house decent and just spending more quality time with the boys.

Anonymous said...

What a great list! I wish you the very best for the year 2008, and I am sure you can reach most of your goals....or learn a lot trying. I set goals, and try to see what I learn along the way. This is especially true if I didn't meet my goal, which is usually around weight loss or healthy eating. I have been stuggling with this for so long. I have good spells and bad ones. I get frustrated, but I keep at it. I have no choice, I need to be healthy, too many heart related problems in my family history. I know the goal is to eat less/move more, but oh, how I struggle. One thing I do much better now is eat less junk, drink much more water, eat a lot less meat and eat more fruit. Now if I could work on the carbs. and get more veggies in, I know I would be in almost there. We can do this!

XOXO

Anonymous said...

ah wish you all the best for your 2008 new years resolution :)

All the best XoXo