We aren't supposed to list 'Resolutions', but goals or hopes. I like this idea better since I have a horrible track record at keeping resolutions anyway.
Here are my five wishes, hopes and goals for 2008, not in any particular order:
- Schoolwork. I thought of this one while driving into work this morning, since the girls are back at school today. I have a really hard time sitting down with them and doing any school work that doesn't need to go back the next day. Abby brings home words to learn, plus spelling words and I usually completely forget about them. Hannah brings home nursery rhymes with questions we're supposed to answer about how many words in each line, which line is shortest/longest, etc. And out of all of them that she's come home with since school started, how many have I sat down and done with her? One. I mean it's not like she absolutely needs the help - the child is starting to read on her own already. But I feel like she is (and I am) missing out by not sitting down and going through it anyway, and it'll help promote better homework skills later on. So I'm determined to remember to do this every night.
- Finances. I hope - really, really hope - that 2008 is the year that we will finally, after 4 years and a bankruptcy, get caught up financially to where we're paying everything on time. And once we're caught up, my goal is not to let things ever get so behind again.
- Health. I know I've said this before, and I've been absolutely horrible about doing anything to change it, but I really need to get my weight and my health under control. We need to start eating better as a family, and I need to find a way to be more active as well.
- Potty. I hope very much to have Becca potty trained this year. She'll be 2 in a couple of weeks, so it's not an unrealistic goal, and she's definitely interested - she sits and goes on the potty pretty much at every diaper change. So we just need to keep her excited about it until she has the bodily control to stay dry when she's not wearing a diaper. After 7 total years, we may actually be looking at the end of diapers!
- Stress. This goes along with #3 a bit, but I'd really like to find a way to either lower my stress or learn to handle it better. What that will entail, I have no idea at this point, but I'm going to try to work on it.
So what are your 5 hopes or goals for the New Year? Head on over to Becca's Buzz to share yours and check out more!