HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday #22 - Stop procrastinating!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

I tend to be the queen of procrastination. We need a babysitter for a few hours in 3 weeks? Oh there's plenty of time to find someone. Then I'm on the phone calling (or asking Ron to call) people the day before or worse yet, the day that I need a sitter. I hate waiting until the last minute, but I also hate to ask for help.

There is something that I need to tackle today - I meant to do it last week and forgot. Then I meant to ask at church on Sunday and forgot. So now, here it is - the day before I need something, and I'm again stuck at the last minute, having to ask for a favor. Sigh.

You see, weeks and weeks ago after Abby's last counseling appointment, the psychologist set up the next appointment to be for Ron and I to go in (just the two of us) and talk to her about what she's come up with so far in terms of a diagnosis or thoughts on Abby. The appointment is on a Wednesday (tomorrow). Usually the girls and I head right to church from daycare on Wednesdays - there's dinner at 5:30 pm and then classes and activities from 6:30 - 7:30 pm. I figured that I could ask at church if it would be ok if I just left the girls there this once - someone would have to help them eat and take Becca up to the nursery afterward, but otherwise they're pretty self sufficient. And Ron and I should be back in plenty of time to pick them up after class.

But I put off asking. We were so busy during the holidays and it seemed like there was plenty of time. And then I forgot. So now I'm stuck having to ask for this favor and I can't blame anyone except for myself.

So that's what I need to tackle today - putting myself out there to ask for help. Something I'm dreading doing. In fact, I'm putting it off even further just by writing this post... So I will stop procrastinating and stop writing, and just... go ask.

What are you tackling this week? And check out other Tackle It Tuesday posts over at 5 Minutes for Mom!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

8 wonderful people said...:

~michelle pendergrass said...

Asking for help can be so hard, I know. I have issues as well.

I learned that sometimes God puts people in our paths who love to help and it is a blessing for them, so when I think of myself being prideful and withholding someone else's blessing, it tends to push me to be able to ask for help without thinking I should be able to do it on my own.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with finding a sitter! That's a very good tackle!

Kristi said...

Deb...
What time is the appointment? Do you want the girls to come to church with us tomorrow night? I wonder if we can figure out something. Email and let me know the details.

Anonymous said...

I don't like asking for help, too. Even from my family. Then when they agree to help me, I'm like . . . Are you sure? You don't have to, you know.

And yet, I get upset when I can help and they don't ask me.

I drive them crazy.

~Amber~ said...

Well, if you need me, I am here. I don't go to your church, but I wouldn't mind babysitting. Just let me know. ANYTIME you need a sitter, last minute or not, let me know! The girls and I adore each other!

United Studies said...

I don't feel bad at all asking for help with my daughter. Sometimes you need it. :-)

Karen said...

It is good to plan ahead as long as your sitter doesn't forget!

Deb said...

Thanks, everyone! And thank you to Kristi and Amber for offering to help! I think I've got it worked out - posting about it definitely helped get me on the ball to handle it though! :)