HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #25 - Reasons why I'm actually glad to go back to work tomorrow

ttsnowflake After almost a week of hardly leaving the house, I think I'm actually going to be ready to head back to work tomorrow.

Here are a few (well, 13) of the reasons why...

  1. My house won't clean itself while I'm gone, but at least I won't have to sit here and stare at the mess.

  2. I'm looking forward to not being asked to play Dora or the Backyardigans every 22 minutes.

  3. I hate wasting sick days for silly things - like actually being sick...

  4. I feel much better about paying for daycare when the kids are actually there, being cared for.

  5. There was a time when spending a day lying on the couch sounded like a dream come true. However, the dream did not include 3 kids running, jumping, climbing and sitting all over me.

  6. Nor did it include not physically being able to actually get up off of the couch all day on Tuesday. Nope, I definitely could've done without that part too.

  7. I (ahem) can probably catch up on my blog reading here and there throughout the day at work - I mean, I'm sitting in front of the computer all day anyway... Shhh - don't tell my boss! LOL

  8. Ok, so I'm just kidding on #7 - well sort of... I do like having a solid hour at lunchtime where I can blog read to my heart's content with no interruptions (or guilt!) though.

  9. I've started talking back to the television. When I hear 'No, Dora - don't take the red path!', come out of my mouth, then I know it's time to get the heck out of here for a while.

  10. I sat down in the recliner this morning to rest - and woke up 4 hours later. Yes, I needed the sleep, but still...

  11. It's very sad when you know your neighbors' schedules as well as your own. Did I mention that our couch faces the front window in our living room?

  12. As much as I love my kids, and wish I could stay home with them - there are times when they drive me absolutely bonkers. Especially after they've been cooped up in the house for several days.

  13. The biggest reason that I'm actually going to be glad to go back to work tomorrow? Because I'm finally feeling human again!! I don't wish this stomach flu bug on anyone - it's a nasty one.

Have a good Thursday, everyone! :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

19 wonderful people said...:

Pennies In My Pocket said...

ROTFL @ "My house won't clean itself while I'm gone, but at least I won't have to sit here and stare at the mess." -- you knew I'd love this one from my Confession post! ;-)

Dying laughing @ "I (ahem) can probably catch up on my blog reading here and there throughout the day at work - I mean, I'm sitting in front of the computer all day anyway... Shhh - don't tell my boss! LOL"

Ohhh I loved all your answers ... so funny! Glad you're feeling better! :)

~melody~

Kristi said...

I agree with the kids going bonkers. I woke up this morning to a big thump upstairs every three or four minutes. Turns out Aaron decided to jump off the bed.

Glad you're feeling better.

United Studies said...

Totally true!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are feeling better. I spent 2 weeks away from work last month and now I'm feeling a sore throat again...

Amber Gilchrist said...

Yeah, I went back to work after being a SAHM for years and it has it's ups and downs. About half the time I wish I could stay home and clean which is just bizarre since I hate cleaning. LOL. I like this list.

Cathy said...

Great list! I'm just getting over the stomach flu as well, except I had MY MOMMY come and help me out with the kids yesterday - the worst day ever. Moms rock. I'm just hoping the baby doesn't get this bug.

Oh - and looking forward to going back to work - I do that after every winter, summer, and spring break I get as a teacher. I'm not sure how people handle staying home everyday.

Unknown said...

LOL, I love this list and can so relate to it!

jenn said...

Glad you're feeling better!
Happy tt!

Unknown said...

Great list! I'm blogging right now at work... shhh, I won't tell if you don't tell!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better.
"My house won't clean itself while I'm gone, but at least I won't have to sit here and stare at the mess." ~Makes perfect sense to me!
Reading this made me smile today!

Angela said...

I love #9... I talk to Dora way too much myself!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! "No Dora, not the red path..." That is so my house...

And if I have to act like one more animal from Diego, I'll lose it...

Momisodes said...

ROFL!!!! I can totally relate to " being asked to play Dora or the Backyardigans every 22 minutes"...just throw in Wonder Pets and that's my entire day... *sigh*

Sandee said...

First, I'm glad that you are feeling better again. I too hate to be sick. About the kids. They are just happy that you are home. I do understand though. All that energy. Have a great day back at work. :)

Cynthia said...

Glad you are feeling better...Good luck getting back to work!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better! I had the stomach flu too, last week, it was brutal... You crack me up with this list. Sounds very familar, only with older children.
XOXOXO

Mom Knows Everything said...

I love the one about Dora! I've found myself saying "Swiper no Swiping" a few times. LOL!

Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling better.
Mama Bear
http://cafeendofuniverse.blogspot.com/

Lindy said...

Ha, Ha! I sympathize deeply with #2 and #9 - why am I still finding those egg jokes so doggone funny after the 29th go around of Backyardigan's Tale of the Mighty Nights??? : P