HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Friday, January 25, 2008

Overheard...

This was the conversation in the back of the van on the way home from Abby's appointment last night. The older girls were trying to get Becca to repeat various words...

Abby: "Becca, say 'puppy'!"

Becca: "No..."

Hannah: "Becca, say 'Becca!"

Becca: "No."

Chorus (Abby and Hannah): "Becca, say 'Becca'!"

Becca (very indignantly): "No!"

Abby: "Becca, say 'no'!"

Becca: "No!"

(giggles and laughter from the big sisters)

Hannah: "Becca, say 'no'!"

Becca: "No."

Chorus: "Becca, say 'no'!"

Becca: "No!"

(more giggles and laughter from big sisters)

Repeat until frustrated Mommy in the driver's seat asks them to please, just stop!

Then a few minutes later...

Becca: "Say 'Becca'!"

Abby: "What?"

Becca: "Say 'Becca'!"

Abby: "Becca!"

(Becca giggles)

Becca: "Say 'Becca'!"

Chorus: "Becca!"

(more Becca giggles...)

Repeated all the rest of the way home. I couldn't bring myself to stop them this time though - it was too cute!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

6 wonderful people said...:

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Nothing better than an overheard conversation with little kids! Too cute is right!

Kristi said...

I can hear the "chorus" of the girls in my mind. Steve and I are still hearing Choruses of "Go, Marble Go" in our sleep from the girls' last visit..

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Toooo funny ... I love how amused us moms get with the simple things, too. I can't wait until my little munchkin can talk. I'm sure I'll be the one saying "say peanut" "say monkey" "say doodle face" and she'll be saying, "NO MOMMY! STOP IT!" lol

~melody~

Jen @ One Moms World said...

LOL Deb! It is interesting hearing the conversations the girls have in our van.

I think Becca got one up on her big sisters hehe.

Corey~living and loving said...

LOL oh Deb...that just made my night. How funny.

Anonymous said...

LOL you can tell who has the control in their relationships... right?