HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #7 - Fun with Google search


Thirteen Things about Google search terms that find my blog!

I've seen other bloggers post some of the search terms that people type into Google (or other search engines) that come up with their sites. I thought it's a fun thing to do, so went looking into my stats to see what people are searching for when they find "Mom of 3 Girls".

Here are 13 of the most interesting, strangest, funny ones I found!

  1. "Weird things found in kids pockets" I know what I've found in my kids' pockets - now I'm curious what else this search turns up...

  2. "Homesick for boyfriends at college" Hmmm, not on my site - at least not for quite a few years yet!

  3. "Sinus infection milk allergy" Yes, two things I suffer from and I have wondered if they're linked also.

  4. "Deciding whether to have another baby" Don't think they got a whole lot of help from me, but I hope they found what they were looking for.

  5. ""First grade" + wetting her pants" Well, this describes two of my girls, but it's not my first grader who still wets her pants, so I don't know how much help I could be on this one either.

  6. I think the person who searched on "What first name goes with lynn middle name" needs to get together with whomever searched on "What's a good middle name to go with Hannah".

  7. ""No front teeth" girl" Yep, currently have one of these!

  8. "Fathers with 4 daughters" Ron's worst nightmare, LOL.

  9. "How to get more student loans" Sorry, can't help with this one - have enough here already!

  10. "How to stop my stomach from rumbling" Um, maybe try eating something? Just a thought...

  11. "Husband stomps off" Hmm, that must find me because of this post.

  12. "Mom scared of computer blog" There's really nothing to be afraid of - trust me!

  13. "Mom cluttered house pack rat ebay". I can imagine the reason for this search - probably looks a lot like parts of my house... I think the solution is already in the search terms though - Ebay all the way! :)
And I have to sneak in another one here, because if you find the answer to "Why are my kids so cranky when they wake up", let me know - ok?

And check out my very first giveaway - you could win one of a couple of great books to help your kids prepare for school!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

20 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

Those are too funny!! I actually just posted about the weirdest search phrase I've gotten just before I saw this.

Anonymous said...

oh i love reading search terms. these are hilarious! good idea for a list!

Jackie said...

I LOVED those!!

How do you find this info? I'd love to do the same with mine! :)

Neila said...

I get a lot of people searching for pendulous breasts. I totally don't get it! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love lists of search terms too. Yours are really funny. You can imagine that with a blog called 'Buck naked politics' (featuring absolutely NO nudity), we have a lot of disappointed visitors....

Anonymous said...

Great job here! Those are some funny searches. Heh heh heh

Anonymous said...

Very funny list! Google works in mysterious ways!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

LOL Those are always funny!

Anonymous said...

This was a VERY funny list. I had a lot of fun with this. Made me laugh out loud. Thank you very much for that, much needed laughter. Hugs!

Head Gaggler said...

What a great list and a good idea for a search.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Those are great! I think my favorite is the husband stomping off one. Wha? Men have temper tantrums, too? Say it ain't so. *grin*

Have a great day, Deb.

Anonymous said...

I love the one that said, "husband stomps off." Very funny, and good idea for TT! I'm going to add you to "My Favorite Sites." I really enjoy your blog.

Barbara said...

This is a good TT. Some of those are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

LOL..what a fun list. So, I wonder why the mother was afraid of Blogs??? Happy TT.

Morgan Mann said...

Fun list! It made me want to look through my stats too. ;)

Anonymous said...

Those are some hilarious searches!

Sometimes what people search for makes me go Hmmmmmm!!

Happy TT!

Cynthia said...

These crack me up.....

bcmomtoo said...

That is really funny. Now I want to know how to find this information about my blog. Help.

Rebecca said...

That was funny - I alwasy get a kick out of reading these, whether my own or someone else's! :-) Happy TT13!

Anonymous said...

It was quite useful reading, found some interesting details about this topic. Thanks.