HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Frogs and snails, and puppy dog tails...

I have a slight case of baby fever today. Symptoms include thinking fond thoughts of sweet, angelic little faces and tiny, curled up bodies whenever I look at my children's faces. Also a yearning to hold and snuggle with a little, brand-new person. Tickle tiny toes, kiss a just-formed belly button, nurse a new little one again.

Ok, so maybe it's more than just a slight case. This may need some serious medical attention!

The cause, at least in this case, was the opportunity this morning to hold and rock the week-old baby of our next-door neighbors. He was sleeping - I haven't actually seen him awake yet, the little guy is an awesome sleeper... And all bundled up in a blanket so we had to hunt for his tiny little feet and toes...

Sorry, got carried away for a moment there.

While there is no complete cure for baby fever, it does help to take a healthy dose of reality and remember such things as middle of the night feedings, changing more diapers, buying more diapers, buying more of - everything, morning sickness, and how stressed I get with just 3 children to handle.

Phew! That and watching Becca dump sand all over herself in the sandbox this morning, therefore requiring a bath before naptime today, hearing Abby and Hannah squabble over who got to pick the movie for quiet time, and working on catching up on the multitude of loads of laundry that need to get done this weekend.

Ok, crisis averted, I think. I may come through this just fine. Especially since all I have to do is step next door to get my fill of baby fingers and sweet sleepy smiles any time I need to. I will have to watch out for a possible relapse this winter when my friend Mary has her baby in January, but I'll be careful not to let the fever infect me too much.

At least for now, anyway. :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

6 wonderful people said...:

Shana said...

I have given you an award...:o) Check out my blog.

Anonymous said...

I went through a period a couple of months ago where I kept envisioning me taking my THREE kids on a walk (I have two).

I thought stopping at two may end up being the worst decision ever made. Then the feeling just went away.

Funny how that happens!

Karen said...

Oh yes. Baby fever. When you can actually feel your ovaries spasm!
I hate that feeling. But with mine being 10 and 13, I can get over it pretty quickly. I love not having diapers, or sippy cups, or big bulky carseats.
No more for us. Not even in my dreams. :)
Besides, dh knows psychologically, it would do me in! :)

we are reilly said...

I had baby fever today -- after volunteering in the nursery at church -- 3 little kiddos under the age of 1 -- how FUN! They were so cute, I just wanted to NIBBLE them!

Barb said...

After my three kids (and my limit) were born, whenever I got baby fever, I'd go buy a pet. At one time we had two dogs, three cats, 2 bunnies, a guinea pig, a canary and an aquarium of fish. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! No dealing with baby fever yet, seeing as I currently have an infant. It's only a matter of time though.