HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Heads or Tails #5 - Key

This week's word is key. Well according to this:

I reached for keys dangled in front of me by my parents at 15 weeks of age, and my first word (other than "Momma" or "Dada") was "key". According to the same book, my brother's first word was "duck" (my mom wrote his milestones in the same book as mine, poor guy). She didn't fill out a lot of the book for either of us, but it's very interesting to read the facts that did make it in there.

I realized when I wrote this, that I can't remember what the girls' first words were, other than the requisite "Mama" or "Dada". So I went looking in their baby books.


Abby's baby book is filled out almost completely. Except for her first word. She said "Dada" at 8 months old and "Mama" at 8 1/2 months old, but I never wrote down what her next word was. I think it was "Uh-oh" though. That seems to have been a pretty common one for my children - I wonder why... :)

Well, I did a bit better in Hannah's baby book. Her first word was "Mama" (yes, she is a Mommy's girl!) at 6 months old. She said "Uh-oh" and "Yay!" about a week before her first birthday. That's all I recorded - Ron, I know she said "Dada" but sorry - apparently that didn't make it into the book. Oops!

Becca said "Mama" first too - when she was about 6 months old. She said "Uh-oh" at about 10 months old, then "Kitty", "Up" and "Peek-a-boo" (or something that sounded similar!) all within the next month. She stopped saying almost all of these for months after she learned to walk and climb though and didn't talk a lot at all until just a couple of months ago.

So there you have it!

Check out other Heads or Tails posts at Skittles' Place.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

11 wonderful people said...:

Heart of Rachel said...

This is such a sweet post. It must be nice to read through that baby book and relish the milestones that your mom has written on it.

My mom didn't have a baby book when she had me but she kept lots of pictures with captions on them in an album.

My friend gave me a baby book on my baby shower and I have recorded my son's milestones there.

bcmomtoo said...

I wasn't very good at keeping up with the baby books. Even what little information is in there is good to have, though.

Siani said...

I love the way you've used the word 'keys' as a trigger for this post - thanks for sharing. Have a good week.

Karen said...

Those dang baby books are such guilt producers. My poor son (age 10) has only gotten a few teeth (according to his baby book!) If only blogging was around when my kid were little, I could have recorded things there and at least been able to recreate it. :)

I did like the calendars for the first year....easy to update with all sorts of little things. After that, very little got recorded! :(

Rambler said...

Apparently I said tata first, which i n our local language means grand dad :)

Mom Knows Everything said...

I have my baby book too. I think it's neat looking through it to see what my mother wrote about me when I was a baby. She had six kids before me and I don't know where she got the time to write anything in it.

Misty DawnS said...

What a very wonderful and precious post!

Barb said...

The first was yours???

I started a baby book for my first child and kind of fizzled out on it, so then I couldn't do one for the other two.

Then I got the "school years" books and did awful with them too. :)

Anonymous said...

Key seems like a very unique first word. My parents don't remember mine. I think both of the boys first words have been NO! Ha!

Berni said...

An assertive female from the very beginning!

Andree said...

that is so interesting. when i moved, i gave all the kids their baby books and I can't remember. now I want to know!