HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Friday, September 14, 2007

Another 'good' Friday

Lots of good-ness for a Friday, I hardly know where to start.

First off, remember the Tummy 2 Tummy: THE Babywearing Instructional DVD contest over at Musings of a Crunchy Domestic Goddess? I mentioned it in my contest round-up post last weekend. Well... I won! I'm really excited because I've been thinking about trying a sling to carry Becca on my hip - she's getting too heavy to carry for long otherwise and she wants to be carried all of the time. I had a sling when all 3 of my girls were babies, but I never knew how to use it right so I thought I just didn't like slings in general. Even the lactation consultant who helped me when Becca was a baby couldn't get her in a good position to nurse in it. Since then I've seen so many of the different styles that are out there and have realized that I should have tried something else. Oh well - now I'll be able to learn exactly how to use them correctly! I'm trying to figure out what the best type would be to use for a 26 pound (or so) toddler in a hip carry - any thoughts? :)

That leads me to another piece of news... When I'm done with the DVD, I want to pass it along to my friend Mary, who I think I've mentioned before is due in January with her 3rd baby (her due date is Becca's 2nd birthday - she's already RSVP'd a 'no' to the party, LOL). She has a 10-year-old boy and a 4-year-old girl. I think she would've had things much easier if she'd known more about babywearing when Emma was a baby because she was one of those babies who didn't want to be put down - ever. So I want to show her more about it for this baby and I think the DVD will be perfect for her too. Oh yes - she had her ultrasound this morning, and baby #3 is a boy! Congratulations to Mary and her family! I think Ron's going to be jealous when I tell him... ;)

I have been awarded the "You Make Me Smile" award (created by Bridget at ...And Miles to Go Before We Sleep...) twice this week! First, by Anna at Beth and Cory's Mom, a new blogging friend who is the mom of two teenagers. She said, "She makes me smile, too. All the running around and scheduling to keep up with three young girls - and the things she learned at 7-Eleven." Thank you so much, Anna!

I received it again from Donetta at A Life Uncommon, and she said, "Although so many of you bring joy to me every day. I wanted to pass the love around to some new friends and some old who are a blessing to me. You bring the beauty of who you are into my days and that is to be celebrated!" Thank you, Donetta - you are a blessing and an inspiration to me as well.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

4 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sling! I need to get me one.

Mom Knows Everything said...

My 2 year old weighs 30 lbs and after a few minutes of carrying him my arms and back are killing me. If you find out a good way of carrying a toddler let me know o-kay.

Kerry said...

I just ordered a mei tai for my 22lb. 9 month old. I've never used a baby carrier other than my Bjorn but that thing you could only use on the front. I'm excited about getting my mei tai soon. Here's the weblink for tons of baby carriers. http://store.attachedtobaby.com/Products/BabyHawk-Mei-Tai-Headrest.aspx

Donetta said...

You deserve it Dear Lady.