HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Friday, September 28, 2007

Smiling, schmoozing and reflecting...

Really folks, this is getting quite embarrassing. Another Friday, and more blogging awards to humbly accept and pass on. You do know that I'm going to be quite disappointed one of these weeks when I can't show my blogging friends how much I love them by giving them awards, right?

Really though - you all are so sweet and amazing! Truly. :)


MomOfThree has given me the "You Make Me Smile award", saying "I look forward every day to reading how this other Mom Of 3 juggles her kiddos!" And I look forward to reading how she juggles hers. And she needs some good thoughts today since they're on the fourth bout of stomach flu in her family - yup, the three kids and now Mom. I hope she's feeling better and back to blogging again soon! I'd like to pass this award along to Chronicles of a SAHM and We Are Reilly because they make me smile.

Kellie from Confessions of an Organized Mess has given me both the "You Make Me Smile" award again and also the "Power of Schmooze" award. I was curious about the history of this award, so I searched and found out the following - it was created by Ordinary Folk and Pink Internet Marketing:
"Schmoozing as defined by Dictonary.com is the ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” When it comes to blogging, schmoozing is your ticket to making new friends, getting yourself noticed and building a reputation. Some bloggers are gifted with the ability to effectively schmooze and others not so much."
I am completely honored that Kellie thinks I deserve this and I pass both awards right back to her since she always makes me smile as well. Thank you so much, Kellie! I'd also like to pass the Power of Schmooze award to Corey at Living and Loving Every Minute of It, and Tisha at CrAzY Working Mom.

One of my very favorite bloggers has also given me an award - In The Life of A Child gave me the Blogger Reflection Award, which "is intended for bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, and who have given an impact in some way...". And to make my day even brighter, she had this to say as well:
"Deb is an incredible mom, an amazing blogger and a dear blogging friend. She is everything the Blogger Reflection Award is about and so much more. She is on my list of must reads for the day and I always look forward to what she is going to say next. If you have never stopped by her blog, you are truly missing out! Thank you Deb for being such an inspirational Mom and encouraging friend!"
I hardly know what to say, but if you haven't checked out her blog you are in for a treat, as she is a wonderful writer and an incredible mother to her two children. And not only did she give me this award, she happened to notice that I hadn't made it on to her list when she originally intended to give it to me and so she did so today. What a lovely friend she is! And another ill Mama lately, so send some good thoughts her way too... :)

I'd like to pass this to three blogging friends who have been an encouragement to me, Summer at Summer's Nook, Karen from Pediascribe and Eileen at A Life of Triggers.

And because I know you're reading this, Kristi - you'd so be getting these if you had a blog!!! Hint, hint... :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

5 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning the Schmooze Award! Happy Blogging! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the award!
And congrats on the other awards. You're one popular lady!

Corey~living and loving said...

congrats to you....you sparkly girl! :)

and thanks for the smooooooze award. It is good to smooze and not snooze, yes? :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again Deb! Each and every one of them well deserved!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this award, it means so much to me. It is really very sweet of you, and could not have come at a better time. It made my day and week so much brighter.
Congratulations on your well deserved awards!!! Wear them proudly on your blog my friend, because you are an inspiration.
Thanks again.
XOXOXO