HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Time for an update

Just an update on how our week's been going...

We've begun the process for Abby's testing. The psychologist went in and observed in Abby's class for an hour earlier this week. Apparently it was a good morning because there were no major concerns, but she did say that she saw enough of what I was talking about to open a case and we have an appointment to go in as a family in a couple of weeks. We'll see how it goes from there.

Also on the subject of testing - I'm taking Hannah in next week for hers, on the whole wetting the pants issue. The tests were scheduled in October, but happened to be on the day that her class is taking a full-day field trip to an apple orchard. So when I called to reschedule, I was able to get her an appointment for earlier than the original - funny how that worked out! She has stayed dry for the past couple of weeks, so I'm now wondering if we really even need to do the tests, but every time I start to think maybe she's got it down, she starts having accidents again. So we'll keep the appointment and get the tests done. Then at least we'll know if it's a physical problem or not for sure.

I had a very, very nice day on Tuesday - I took the day off and played hooky from both work and housework (ok, so I did empty the diaper pail, but it definitely needed it!). I got some rest time, a good nap, and was able to catch up on blogging relax. Too bad I can't do that every week or two! I've got to save the rest of my days off for the holidays though.

In Becca news - the good is that she is really starting to put words together into sentences, "I cowa" (I color), "I wan s'ack" (I want a snack - used whenever she's hungry), and "I stinky" (self-explanatory!) are pretty common ones right now. She says she's 'stinky' any time she thinks she needs her diaper changed - stinky or not. Last night she was saying it over and over again and I could tell she was really trying to go - poor little thing is really constipated. I gave her some apple-prune juice to drink and she spent an hour yesterday evening just lying on my lap. This is an extremely rare occurrence as this is usually a little girl always on the go, who rarely stops for anything. I can't remember the last time she snuggled up to me like that. We played the 'where's Becca's nose?' game for a while and expanded on to other parts of the head and when we got to hair, she had to stop and stroke mine for a while. I nearly fell asleep...

I'm hoping she 'went' today - she was so uncomfortable yesterday and last night. She's never really had this problem before, so hopefully once she is able to go, everything will be ok again.

As for me, I'm glad tomorrow's Friday - even with the day off, it's been a long week. I'm busier at work, which is good since the days go by much quicker that way. And I feel a lot more productive, which is also good. But more tiring too.

Almost time to head home and pick up the kiddos! :)


Powered by ScribeFire.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

7 wonderful people said...:

Mom Knows Everything said...

When my toddler makes a mess in his pull-up, he says "GROSS". I wonder where her got that from? Alright, it was me. LOL

Anonymous said...

It's good that you got a professional opinion in Abby's case. Hope everything gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

heh heh heh...I get the I stinky one too. :)

Thanks for the updates.

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a pretty good week - enjoy your day off!! :P

Crazed Nitwit said...

Why was the psychologist observing your daughter?

Personally, I wish my kids couldn't talk now...

They are quite fun when can finally verbalize their needs.

Anonymous said...

I think it's good that you're going to get both girls checked out for your concerns about them. Always better to err on the side of caution. I hope all goes well. Have a great weekend!

Jane, Pinks & Blues

MomOf4 said...

I am glad that you could take some time for yourself! It is nice to catch your breath every once and a while! Good luck with the testing. I hope they help you find the answers you need!