HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday #6 - School, eyes and soccer

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

So today's tackle is a bit different than my previous ones. Partly because for the next 6 weeks, my Tuesdays are going to be a bit packed with Abby's soccer practices and then at the end of the month, the girls start church choir too. Tuesdays are now my busiest days of the week! And the most stressful, since I have to work until 5pm, then pick up the kids, get Abby changed into soccer gear, feed them all and have Abby to practice by 5:30pm.

Um, yeah - not possible. Plan B anyone?

Today will be a rough trial to see if Plan B will work. Also throw in that it's the first day of school and we have an eye appointment for Abby at 3:50 pm, right after school, and this Tuesday couldn't really get any busier!

As a run down - here's how I plan to tackle my day.

8:00 am - Have girls out to bus stop, then run Becca to daycare, meet the bus at school and get both girls to their classes. Take tons of photos and feel sad that I have two girls old enough for 'real' school now. Done!

9:10 am - Arrive at work. Try to keep busy all day while wondering how things are going for the girls at school, and worrying about Hannah staying dry. Done!

12:30 pm - Call daycare to make sure that Hannah made it there ok after school and that she stayed dry. Done! She made it there just fine and has stayed dry. Minor issue of a slight bloody nose on the bus at noon - will have to remember to keep a dry washcloth in her backpack just in case. She gets those from time to time.

3:10 pm - Leave work early and head to school to pick up Abby. Done! Wow, was that school crowded! She was excited to see me and apparently she had a great day.

3:40 pm to ? - Take Abby to the eye doctor. Hope the appointment goes quickly so I'll have time to run the kids home for some dinner before soccer practice. Also hope that they don't dilate Abby's eyes - otherwise soccer practice will be no fun at all. Unfortunately I didn't know when her practices would be when we made this appointment 3 months ago. Done! And no eye drops so no problems seeing at soccer practice. Her glasses are helping her eyes and we don't need any changes right now - the doctor was very pleased.

4:30 pm-ish - Pick up the other kids after the eye appointment. If there's time, run everyone home for a quick dinner and get Abby changed into soccer clothes. If there's no time, have Abby change clothes at daycare (I did remember to put her soccer stuff in the van this morning, along with the diaper bag and snacks) and feed everyone snacks on the way to soccer practice. Done! And we even had time to come home, change and eat. Phew! :)

5:30 pm to 6:30 pm - Keep Becca occupied and off of the soccer field while Abby practices with her team. Hope the kids aren't too hungry. I forgot to bring a snack for myself, so hope I'm not getting too hungry either. Done! Becca did really well and didn't start trying to wander off until right before practice was over. I forgot to eat dinner though so am actually getting pretty hungry now.

6:30 pm - Home, then feed kids dinner if necessary. Get backpacks emptied and go through stuff they brought home from school today. Have the girls pick out their clothes for tomorrow. Done, although I still have to go through the rest of their backpack stuff, fill out forms, etc.

7:15 pm - Start bedtime routine. Get kids all in bed, lunches for tomorrow made, backpacks ready to go. Then I can sit down with the laptop and relax blog! Partially done! Girls all in bed and it's time to relax! :)

Phew...

Check out more Tackle It Tuesday posts!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

6 wonderful people said...:

~Amber~ said...

WOW! You are busy Tuesdays! If you ever need any help, like someone to watch the younger girls, or just want some company on the soccer field, you know how to get ahold of me!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! I am glad to find a fellowing work of the home mom! Good luck w/ your day!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really busy day. A great Tackle it though. I'll be down that road in another week, Softball, Basketball, Church & youth group.

Debbie

Amanda said...

wow what a busy day!! hope it all goes smoothly tonight!

Karen said...

Wow, just getting through your Tuesday and making it everywhere you need to do is enough of a tackle! :)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Wow, great job! I'm tired just reading everything you've done today. I hope you're resting now.