HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My two jobs

I have two full-time jobs.

One of them requires me to work 40 hours a week. The other requires me to work 168+ hours a week.

One of them pays me in dollars for my time and expenses. The other one pays me in smiles and laughter and includes thousands of dollars a year of expenses that are not reimbursable.

One of them offers benefits such as medical and life insurances. The other offers benefits such as hugs, kisses, and "I love you's".

I get "paid time off" for one of them. There are no sick or 'vacation' days from the other.

I have two full-time jobs.

At one of them, my title is "GIS Analyst". At the other, my title and name is "Mommy".

Being a GIS Analyst - is what I do for a living. Being a Mommy - is who I am.


This post was written as a submission for the September Group Writing Project at MamaBlogga.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

19 wonderful people said...:

~Amber~ said...

AWWWWWWWW!!!

Anonymous said...

This was great way to do this project. I loved it!

Corey~living and loving said...

Holy cow! I love it! what a great take on this project.

Karen said...

This is awesome! I Stumbled you!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Deb. Isn't it amazing how motherhood changes your self image?

I remember when I first became a mother one of the things that hit me the hardest, aside from the fact that these were the hardest, longest days I'd ever worked, was that I'd never get a vacation.

Thanks for participating!

Donetta said...

Great post. I like who you are. What you do is fine but I like you you are.
Nice post.

Jo said...

I liked your spin very much.....

Robin said...

Great take on things!

Shawn said...

Very cute post. So true, too.

reprehriestless warillever said...

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

How true this is... nice approach!

TaunaLen said...

I loved reading this!

~TaunaLen

Anonymous said...

Your post was great! I could really use a sick day right now from my mommy job but as you said there are no sick days. Oh well! I still love being a mom.

Pearl said...

Us moms wear a lot of hats, don't we?

Anonymous said...

I am mom to 3 girls also. I love the Mommy job best of all, even with no time off!

Anonymous said...

Deb - That was just priceless! I love hou you just condensed everything down into the essence of what matters -truly lovely!

Ursula said...

Mommy...the toughest job you'll ever love! What a great post-I love how you see your payment from your non-GIS job! Beautiful!

Believer in Balance said...

Ooh! I like that. Well put.

Amy@UWM said...

Love it! Sk*rted it!