I had a difficult time coming up with something for my T13 list this week, but then I remembered...
Ron has next week off.
He's taking some vacation time partially because he really needs the break, partially because we'll get our tax return soon and hopefully can get caught up on bills anyway, and partially because he hasn't had a solid week off in at least the past few years. He's been working so many late hours this week that the girls have barely seen him, so it'll be good to have him home every evening next week.
There are also a few other reasons that I'm glad he'll be around next week. Here are 13 of them:
- He'll be home all day - with nothing to do except laundry and dishes, of course... :)
- We won't have to rely on the kindness of our neighbors to get the driveway cleared if it snows.
- I won't be tripping over wet work boots in the middle of my kitchen floor every night.
- Daddy can shuttle the girls around to evening activities! Ok, well at least he can help.
- Five days of having someone else worry about what to cook for dinner. And if I'm lucky, 5 days of walking into the house and having dinner waiting for us... Hey, a girl can dream, right?
- Not having the girls asking me every 5 minutes to call Daddy and see what time he'll be home that night.
- Not having to get the girls out the door by myself for 5 mornings!
- Daddy will be home to cover any snow/sick days. Which means that it will be sunny, 40+ degrees and everyone will be perfectly healthy all week...
- The $25 or more that we'll save by having him eat lunch at home every day next week instead of buying fast food (his arteries will go into shock from the lack of grease, however).
- Having Daddy here to read Becca's favorite Dora book to her at least some of the 549 times that she
demandsbegs for it every evening.
- Finding out that he actually has 36 hours of paid time off - so he will get at least a partial paycheck for the week.
- No meter, drill or other assorted equipment charging and taking up all the space on my kitchen counters for a week.
- Three words - "Honey Do List". Oh, Ron....... :)
Links to other Thursday Thirteeners:
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!