HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Monday, October 1, 2007

Heads or Tails #7 - Stack

This week's topic or word is stack. I have to admit that this one has had me stumped. I don't have any fun photos or stories involving stacks or stacking... I'm trying to think creatively but so far I've got nothing.

Let's see what happens if I try some free association. "Stack of" - paper? books? Hmmm, I definitely have lots of those. Maybe a photo would help - wait a minute while I run downstairs and see what I can do about that.

Talk amongst yourselves...

Ok, I'm back! Well, I was fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to find some inspiration around my house. And more stacks than I thought I'd find. Yikes.

Here are a couple of photos of my bookshelves downstairs - can you tell I have too many books and not enough shelf space?

While I was downstairs, I glanced into the computer room. Big mistake! That room is a mess but thankfully it's generally Ron's problem. About the only things I'm concerned with in there are the stacks of plastic bins that hold all of the girls' outgrown clothing.

And when I came back upstairs, I caught sight of the stack of unread magazines on top of my curio cabinet - I'm a bit behind in my magazine reading... oops.

And lastly, I looked in our pantry cabinet for a snack and realized that it's full of stacks as well - we are lacking cupboard space as well as bookshelf space so it's hard to find the room for everything when we try to stock up on things like cereal. And notice that I had to put the girls' arts and craft supplies in there too since we had nowhere else for those to go...

Anyone want to come help me organize my house so we can get rid of all the stacks?? :)

Check out other Heads or Tails posts at Skittles' Place.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

13 wonderful people said...:

Crazed Nitwit said...

Great pictures of stacks. I was too lazy for pictures.....

I have stacks and stacks of books myself. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love your stacks! They look like my stacks! Great idea to use the pics!

Anonymous said...

what great photos for this week's theme. Have you read all of those books?

Rebecca said...

I love organizing. I don't think I could be in your house and not try to organize something ;-)
Happy H/T! :P

Barb said...

Where do you live again? I love to organize. :)

Our bookshelves look very similar.. overfull. Art supplies with cereal? Why not! LOL

Anonymous said...

same here ... our cabinets are over-stacked! lol.
love the series of shots! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, this is many lovely stacks! all that should be in a home to make it cozy :-)

My stack is making me to a couch potato... *giggles*

BeccA's Buzz said...

You had more stacks than you thought! LOL

Misty DawnS said...

I can definitely relate to not having enough room for all of my collections. I found myself squinting to see what types of books you read ;-)

Rambler said...

oh I loved the arts and craft supply rack :)
nice idea :)

Siani said...

My bookshelves look equally over-populated. I think most homes harbour several stacks.

Dallas Meow said...

great pics.
That stack of books reminds me how behind I am in reading.
Must have had high hopes a year ago, bought too many new books and there they sit ....

Andree said...

Lately I've been realizing that no matter how much storage we have, we simply fill it up and need more! It's this compulsion, I think, to save for a rainy day! It is for me!!