HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Friday, October 5, 2007

A Fabulous Friday!

Happy Friday to all - TGIF!! :) Mine is made even better by having been awarded the following:

This comes from Mama Pajama and I have to thank her and send it right back because I think she and her blog are fabulous as well. Here's the history of this award:

"This award was designed by Mike At Ordinary Folk and was originally offered by Christy of Totally Fabulous. This award is for "bloggers who are fun, cool, and of course Totally Fabulous!”."
See now I'm blushing... :) I'm so thrilled that someone actually finds me (me!) fabulous! Well, I know of a whole bunch of fabulous people that I would love to give this to, but will have to limit myself to just a few... So I'll pass it along to Kellie, Amber, Kerry and Wendy.

And Mama Pajama has also tagged me for a meme, all about 5 things, so here goes:

1) What I was doing ten years ago: I was living and working in Bay City, MI and desperately trying to find a different job or go back to graduate school... I think it was right about this time in October that I got the fateful call for a job interview that changed the course of my life.

2.) Five years ago: I was 7 months pregnant with Hannah.

3) One year ago: I had been back to work full-time for a couple of months and still getting settled into the work/daycare/school routine. Ron was working a horrible night job and trying to get into the company that he's working for now. Things were stressful!

4.) Yesterday: I worked all day, got out an hour early so stopped at the secondhand store to see if I could find any decent jeans for Abby (not at the prices they wanted for used jeans!), went home and we actually all had a family dinner together for once, then played outside with the girls until we had to put them to bed. Fell asleep on the couch for a while and then watched tv, read blogs and tried to get some things done around the house.

5.) 5 snacks I enjoy: Baked Lays chips (original), granola bars, anything chocolate.

6.) 5 Things I would do if I suddenly had $100 million: I would pay off all of our debt and then all of it for my family and close friends. I would look for a bigger house in our area and hire a housekeeper. And oh yes, I would quit my job!! :)

7.) 5 locations I would like to run away to: Florida (but only in the winters), Hawaii, Ireland, Australia, New England

8.) 5 bad habits I have: Munching too much at work, putting things off too long, changing my mind at the last minute, not calling my parents and brother enough, trying to take on too much

9.) 5 things I like doing: Blogging, reading, walking, listening to podcasts, spending time with my family

10.) 5 TV shows I like: Heroes, Lost, Criminal Minds, Gray's Anatomy, House Hunters

11.) 5 things I hate doing: Being away from my kids too much, housework, cooking (unless I had $100 million to buy a house with a much better kitchen), calling people I don't know well to ask for favors, reading the same board book over and over again 5,000 times - but I do it anyway. :)

12.) 5 Biggest joys of the moment: That my family is healthy and safe, that our daycare situation is working out well, that we are starting to finally get caught up financially, that I will hopefully finally get some answers/solutions about a problem that's been bothering me for years, and that it's Friday!

I'll make this one an open tag if anyone wants to play along! :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

4 wonderful people said...:

bethany said...

Thanks for entering the cyber baby shower over at 5 Minutes for Mom. Though you didn't win the custom tutu from Love, September, I wanted to let you know that you can still purchase one and get it in time for Halloween or Christmas pictures. Only $20!! Check out my shop at http://loveseptember.etsy.com!
Thanks!

Corey~living and loving said...

Congrats on the award. :)

la bellina mammina said...

Congrats for your award. I love Gray's A too! :-)

Wendy said...

thanks for the award!! So very sweet!!!