HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, October 25, 2007

I knew I didn't want to get out of bed this morning...

You know it's not going to be a good day when...

  1. You vaguely remember hitting the snooze button a few times... too many. Things never go well when you're running 15 minutes late from the get-go.

  2. You realize when you climb/crawl/fall out of bed that you must've slept wrong because your whole neck is stiff. Which becomes a raging headache by the time you leave the house.

  3. You finally get the kids dressed, fed, hair done, shoes, coats and backpacks on - after dealing with a child who refuses to wear her backpack because you handed it to her and she really wanted her sister to give it to her instead (any guesses on this one?? I know Mary and Kristi know which one of my girls this was!). Somehow, by whatever miracle, the girls make it to the bus stop on time.

  4. You pat yourself on the back and start to realize that things might just go pretty well today, only to reach out to grab your purse from the hook by the back door - and realize that it's not there.

  5. Puzzled, you look in and through the van - the only other location you can think of where your purse might be hiding. Nope, not there either. So you waste valuable time standing in the garage trying to make your sluggish mind work hard enough to remember when you last saw your purse. Meanwhile, a toddler frustrated at being strapped into a car that hasn't gone anywhere for 10 minutes starts chanting 'Dora! Dora!' trying to get your attention so you will turn on the Dora CD that she is addicted to loves.

  6. You finally remember that you took your purse into church with you last night and put it up on a shelf since there were no empty hooks to hang it on. And since you had the diaper bag with you as well and you often don't take your purse to church, you apparently forgot to grab it when you gathered up 3 wound-up children, a diaper bag, various drawings and snack bags the older girls deposited in your hands immediately upon seeing you, a sippy cup, various shoes and two jackets. (yes, only two jackets because Abby and Hannah apparently have decided that you can 'refuse' to be cold and since you aren't cold, why would you need a jacket?)

  7. You drop your youngest child off at daycare and find out that one of your provider's children has a fever and cough. And you want to hope that it's the it's the same illness that plagued your family last week so that you're not exposing your kids to a whole new set of germs but if that's the case then you know that you probably are then responsible for someone else's child having gotten sick, and so you leave with a horrible feeling of guilt.

  8. You arrive at work (late) carrying only a water bottle, your keys, and your cell phone - which happened to be charging in the van last night so never made it into your purse. However, you are missing your wallet, iPod, medications, work ID and day planner. And whatever else it is that makes your purse weigh 3,980 pounds but you're too afraid to clean it out to see what it is. Oh yes, and the Motrin. So you still have the raging headache and stiff neck...
Which is why I'm now heading out to run over to church and grab my purse. I only hope that church is in fact where I left it because if it's not there, then I'm in big, BIG trouble. (Phew - it was there, thank goodness!)

Can I go back to bed now?

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

9 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

Hugs Deb!! Days like this makes me want to crawl back into bed! I hope you find your purse.

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I hope you find your purse at church!

And I know about the waking up with a stiff neck turn to raging headache thing. I'm so sorry!

I have to say, that is one reason I'm glad I don't have girls - the fixing the hair and the tempermental attitudes. My boys? They're all like whatever. Of course, that gets old, too.

Hang in there, girl!

Karen said...

Here's hoping your purse is at church! I guess if you're going to leave it anywhere, church is the best place! At least you'd hope people there wouldn't steal it! ;)

Unknown said...

I know how you feel. I have been up since 3:10! I hope you purse is at church. Let us know!

Jean said...

I had a similar morning as well..though I didn't miss my purse. I got the middle son's Harry Potter costume all ready for "Thursdays story book character day" worked it on all night last night and the oldest yells to me this morning that story book day is tomorrow and sweatsuit day is today. Fun times!

Anonymous said...

Thanks goodess it was there! I think you owe yourself a nap....Try to have a relaxing evening at least.

~Amber~ said...

Oh wow! What a morning. HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can so relate!!! I hope today is better!

bcmomtoo said...

Oh, Deb! I feel for you. I hope things got better.