HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Friday, October 19, 2007

I've been awarded!

So I wasn't quite as devastated as I thought I might be last week when I got to Friday with no awards having been given to me during the week. It was almost (but not quite!) a relief in a way - not having the stressful (but so fun) job of deciding who to pass them along to. But ok, I'm over that now because wow, has this week made up for it! There are many fun awards going around the blogosphere right now and I'm thrilled and honored that some of them have found their way here. Have I mentioned lately how wonderful I think all of my blogging friends are? :)


First off, I would like to thank Jennifer of A "Sample" of Jennifer's Thoughts... for giving me the 'I'm Fabulous' award! She had some sweet things to say about yours truly, "I found Deb thru a meme a few weeks ago and loved her writing style. She has three young girls and sometimes her post also reminds me of my own life." Thank you so much for saying that and for thinking of me with this award! I'm really enjoying your blog too. :)

I would like to pass this award to some bloggers that I also think are Fabulous as well, Momma Bean (she has the cutest little twin girls!), Eva from Sarah and Jordan Updates (I was exhausted just reading her post yesterday about how she and her hubby handle the morning duties with twins - but they are the sweetest little ones!) and not only because I seem to be on a twin theme here, but because she definitely deserves it too, I'd like to give it to Stacie from The Twinkies as well - her photos are completely amazing and it doesn't hurt that she has gorgeous kids as her subjects either! :)

Mama Pajama has honored me with two awards this week! First off is the Candied Apple Award - such a sweet treat, thank you! I'd like to pass it along to some other truly 'sweet' bloggers as well, Jennifer - because she was so sweet to award me and I'm enjoying getting to know her, Kailani at An Island Life because she always has the sweetest things to say when she leaves comments, and Shana from My Three Wisemans who is completely sweet as well and I so enjoyed her post about perceptions the other day.

And I also received the Community Blogger Award from Mama Pajama! This award celebrates people who reach out and make the blogging community a better one. She's wonderful to think so and I do truly love the awesome community of mom bloggers that I've found out there. And I was completely surprised and honored to be awarded this a second time this week, from one of my first and best blogging friends, Summer from Summer's Nook. She said:
"I’m going to give this to Deb who I think fits the description above perfectly. On the blogs we both visit she’s always one of the first to comment and offer support. I’ve also been amazed at how much she gets around. On almost every new blog I’ve found I’ve also seen comments from Deb, having had no idea she was already a reader there. I hope you enjoy the award Deb!"
Thank you so much Summer! And I'm amazed at how much I get around sometimes too - there's just so many wonderful blogs out there to discover... And not enough time in a day to read them all, unfortunately! I do try though. :)

And so I'd like to award this back to both of the friends who gave it to me (if such a thing is allowed) and also to a couple of other friends who I think help make the blogging community such a special place as well - Michelle at Scribbit, who takes the time to write back after every single comment I leave for her and to comment here as well, and also to Karen from Write From Karen, who honored me in her Blog Round-up this week and helped to spread the word about many of the wonderful blogs I've linked to on my blogroll.

As I was writing this post, I noticed a comment from Natalie at State of Confusion, a new blog that I just discovered this week. She's given me the 'Sweet Treat' that is awarded to random commenters. How nice! :) This award was created by Hootin' Anni's Spooky Hollow, who said:
"Each day up until Halloween [October 31st] I will be handing out a treat for 1 - 5[one to five] bloggers who drop by during the week for visiting. You're more than welcomed to pass it along to ones you think are deserving of a special treat for the season. Kinda like "Pay it Forward" Y'know, one goodwill gesture deserves another? But DON'T just choose your friends
making this cliquish and 'just groupies'...
Make NEW friends by choosing random visitors!!!
It seems that 'awards' are floating around blogland and just "blog friends" get chosen all the time. Make it RANDOM!!"
What a great idea! So I went back through my comments for the week and found 5 random ones to give this to - Mommy From The Midwest, Life with Taylor and Callee....I need a nap!, Single Parents Unite, The Nelson Gaggle, and JustJessie and all her boys.

Thank you everyone! What a fabulous, sweet Friday this has turned out to be! :)

Powered by ScribeFire.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

6 wonderful people said...:

KC said...

congrats on your well deserved awards and treats.
happy Friday

Anonymous said...

You most definitely deserve every single one of those wonderful, awards, Deb. I always appreciate your visits and comments and your blog is always a pleasure to visit. Always. You're so nice!

THANK YOU for the award! I always get so embarrassed, and humbled, when people give me awards .. *blush*

Have an excellent weekend!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I hope everyone in your house is feeling better soon! Have a great weekend!

Eva said...

Wow, it's nice to be fabulous on Friday. I needed a pick me up, thank you!

Shana said...

Thank you for the award! I am going to pass it on tomorrow. :o)

Anonymous said...

How appropriate since I LOVE candied apples! Thank you for thinking of me! You're the sweet one!