HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Friday, October 26, 2007

An award and more randomness

I have one award to accept and pass on this week and several meme's that I've been tagged for. Instead of doing one huge post, I'll do them one or two at a time. :)


Anna from Beth & Cory's Mom has awarded me the Community Blogger award! Thank you so much, Anna - that means a lot to me. This award celebrates people who reach out and make the blogger community a better one. So I would like to pass it along to Lynnae at From Under the Clutter, and Megan at SortaCrunchy. Enjoy, ladies!

I've been tagged by both Jodi and Kellie for another '8 facts' meme. I've done this one a few times before, but figure that there probably have to be at least another 8 facts out there that I haven't shared before. So here goes.

These are the rules.

Link to your tagger and post these rules.
  1. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
  2. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
  3. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.

Here are my 8 facts - and believe me, they're just about as random as you can get since they're what happened to pop into my head as I sat here:

  1. I hate spiders. I know I shouldn't and I'm not necessary 'afraid' of them, but thinking about them just gives me the creepy-crawlies. I made Ron take care of them if he's home and he thinks I'm a wuss. I probably am, but I don't care. :)

  2. I'm thankful to get along well with my in-laws. I know that's sometimes rare, but I really like my mother-in-law - she's one of the sweetest ladies I know.

  3. When I was pregnant with Becca, there was a period of several weeks where all I could eat without getting horrible stomachaches were plain bagels with plain cream cheese. For every meal. (And yes, I lost weight during that time) Afterward, I couldn't even look at a bagel for months.

  4. I am a 'recovering pack-rat'. My hoarding tendencies clash with my hatred for a cluttered house. So lately the de-clutterer in me has been winning, especially around garage-sale time. De-cluttering and making money - what can beat that!

  5. I've never been carded. Mainly because I've never purchased an alcoholic beverage in my life. Had a few sips here and there at weddings or parties, yes. But that's about it. I'm terrified of drinking (and can't stand the taste anyway) and hope to instill the same fear (or at least a lot of caution) in my kids because alcoholism runs in my family.

  6. I was never good at gymnastics or acrobatics as a kid because I've always been stiff and inflexible. My mom is the same way - she got a 'C' in gym class when she was a kid because she couldn't touch her toes. I can't even sit 'indian style' (or criss-cross applesauce as my kids call it) although I always wanted to be able to successfully do the 'yoga' position with crossed feet resting on the opposing thighs. My best friend growing up could sit that way and I was always extremely jealous. Don't ask me why...

  7. I can't draw at all, but I do think I have a good eye for layout and typesetting. Maybe not as good as my graphic designer-trained hubby, but definitely not bad. I also am fairly decent at lettering and always wanted to learn to do calligraphy.

  8. There are so many crafts I'd love to either get back into or learn how to do. Sewing, quilting, stamping, scrapbooking, crocheting, knitting, cross-stitching, just to name a few. Abby has asked to learn how to knit and sew, so I think that would be a great opportunity to learn and re-learn those and have some good one-on-one time with her.
So that's it - another random 8 facts... I'm leaving this one as an open tag, so feel free to play along!


Powered by ScribeFire.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

1 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you!! :)