HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Friday, August 10, 2007

8 random things about me.

I’ve been tagged by Jen at One Mom’s World to come up with 8 random facts about me. So here they are, about as random as you could imagine…

  1. I am short, or as my other ‘short’ friends call it – vertically challenged. Is that the PC term? In any case, I’m only 5’ 2.5” (can’t forget that last half-inch, lol). So that’s what – 62.5” inches, right? Which means that at 33 inches, Becca is just over half my height. At 18 months old.

  2. In high school I went through an airplane obsession. I still have it to some degree. When I was 18, I stayed for a summer with my half-brother and he paid for me to get my private pilot’s license. Which was incredible and generous and I am still so thankful – even though I haven’t flown a plane since.

  3. I hate coffee. And from the time I was pregnant with Abby up until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn’t drank anything with caffeine on a regular basis. I bought a 12-pack of Diet Pepsi on our last grocery shopping trip (the regular stuff, not caffeine-free!) and have re-discovered every tired mom’s friend.

  4. I am addicted to chocolate. No seriously, I mean addicted. Just ask my husband. :)

  5. For 4 years I had a second, part-time job teaching computers at a local adult/community education school one evening a week. I loved it! And having the extra income didn’t hurt any either. Not having that extra income – hurts.

  6. Every weekend I talk to my friend Mary on the phone. It used to be on Sunday nights until our conversations started going past 1am and now we vary it depending on our schedules. But without fail, we talk every single weekend and have for years. For about 3 hours on average very time. My husband thinks we’re crazy and wonders how we can fill that much time. Easy – we’re women, we’re both moms, and we both love to talk (to each other at least, lol). Thank goodness for free weekend cell phone minutes!

  7. I have allergies and get lots of sinus infections. I had sinus surgery in 2003 but I don’t think it helped much. I think I may have a sinus infection now, in fact. I am also allergic to milk but have a hard time staying away from things like pizza and chocolate (see #4!).

  8. I’ve actually been able to write this whole post almost guilt-free since my computer has been chugging away in the background on a work-related task. It’s still going, so I could theoretically go on to even more wonderfully random facts – but instead I’ll tag Karen at Pediascribe, Believer in Balance and Christine at AreWeThereYetMom.com. If you’ve already done this meme (and it’s probably hard to find someone other than me who hasn’t, lol) - sorry! Either just link to your post, think of 8 more random things or let me know and I’ll tag someone else…

Ah, my computer’s finally done “dissolving buffers”. So back to work… :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

3 wonderful people said...:

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

I so love posts like this on blogs I read - it's so neat to get to know you better! :)

Believer in Balance said...

Oh! This is so funny! I just tagged you today for the same meme, not knowing you tagged me! I was away on vacation and now am totally behind visiting the blogs I like. I just came to check out yours and laughed when I saw you already tagged me. Oops!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing :). I too like posts like this because you get to know other moms better. Have a great weekend!