HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Wow, I'm a blogging buddy! And my first Thursday Thirteen...

I am completely honored to be included on Kailani's Thursday Thirteen list of her newest blogging buddies! All I can say is wow... That just makes my day - thank you so much! And check out the other 12 blogs on her list too - I'm looking forward to making other new bloggy friends myself.

And I like this Thursday Thirteen idea too - such a fun way to meet other bloggers and get to know them better... So, here are 13 things that I've thought up - my favorite 13 things about blogging.

  1. Meeting such great new friends! I love visiting other blogs and seeing who comes to check out my humble little blogging home here.
  2. The freedom to write about what I'm interested in. Really, it's kind of like free therapy. :)
  3. Having the opportunity to learn more about html code and website development. It's something I've always wanted to learn, but never had the incentive to. Hopefully I can spruce things up here sometime soon!
  4. Reading all of the great comments that other people leave (hint - I love comments!). I will always follow back and check out your blog too if you have one.
  5. I saw some incredible photos yesterday on people's Wordless Wednesday posts. Really, really wonderful ones. You've got to go take a look!
  6. I'm starting to really feel like a part of a community and like I have a voice 'out there'.
  7. It's eating up all of my free time at work - wait, what free time at work? Hmmm, maybe I really should get back to work...
  8. I've always like to write but never could find the right 'forum' for it. I'm not an author, not a reporter, not a technical writer... Blogging allows me to (I hope) improve my writing skills.
  9. Sharing my thoughts and experiences as a mom - and sharing stories and photos of the 3 best parts of my life, my girls.
  10. Getting input on issues or problems I'm having - and helping others with their issues and problems.
  11. I really needed to get my money's worth out of this cable internet connection we've got at home, lol. Even if I'm on the internet way too much at work as well (oops).
  12. You! Whoever you are - you are why I love doing this! And please leave a comment so I know who you are... ;)
  13. Blogging is one thing that I can do for ME. Even if I'm writing about my family, my work, or whatever else - I'm writing and reading blog posts because it makes me happy!
Join in on the rest of the Thursday Thirteen fun over here. And I'm off to eat lunch and check out as many lists of 13 as I can in an hour!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

13 wonderful people said...:

Andi said...

Hi Deb,

Happy TT to you! What a nice and very sweet list you have! Very cute, hehe :-D
And recognizable too ;-)

Cheers,
Andi

Anonymous said...

Happy TT!

Stop by my blog I love having blogging buddies too!!!

Anonymous said...

Newbie visiting from 'an island life.'
I'll have to check out this blogging buddies thingummy too.
Best wishes

Anonymous said...

Welcome to TT!

Those are all of the reasons I love blogging too.
If you have any questions about HTML, feel free to email me, and I'll try and answer your question as best as I can.

Happy Thursday to you!

Anonymous said...

That's a great list. I too, enjoy meeting great people out here.

Thanks for the stop by. Let me know if you would like to do the experiment on my blog. Well love to hear from all about their weather.
*the other Debbie* :-)
Debbie

Just D said...

I agree that blogging is like therapy but SOOOO much cheaper!

Mom Knows Everything said...

I'm going to go check out TT. I love putting pictures of my kids on my blog too.

mrsgeneric said...

Welcome to Thurs13, it's my first day too!

slightlymore.blogspot.com

Joyful Days said...

What a fun TT!! It is addictive.

Irishcoda said...

Yes! I agree with everything you list about blogging. And I think your daughters are adorable! :) My 13 are on Memeaholic...I love blogging so much I've got more than one!

Katja said...

Hi, What a great list!
I'm really new to blogging world, but I love it! You are so right about being able to comment what you want and how much fun it is to meet you people - like you :)

Have a great day! I've never done the Thursday Thirteen, but it sounds so much fun that I'll probably start doing it!

Bananas said...

Great list. I agree with you... and it's funny because when I started blogging I had NO idea how much I'd like it, or how much I'd get out of it.

Anonymous said...

Hi, my first T13 4 weeks ago was also about blogging.
http://sandierpastures.wordpress.com/2007/07/19/thursday-thirteen-1/

Happy TT!