HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Catching up... Contests, updates, etc.

I seem to feel the need to sit down and catch up some over the weekends. Check out contests, update on things I've posted about, etc. Maybe it's that I actually get a bit of 'down time' during nap/quiet time and can sit and reflect on my week.

So contest-wise, there's some fun stuff out there! Stop on over at Write From Karen to vote for one of the six great photos in her photo contest! You can vote once per day until 8pm CST on August 19th. I never got an entry submitted (oops) but I love all of the photos that did.

Over at Casual Friday Everyday, you can enter to win a one year of access to "Menu Planning Central", which looks like a great menu planning site! Enter by midnight CST on September 15th.

Join in on the End of Summer party at The Pumkin Patch! Write a post about summer fun with your family, post photos or host a giveway! The party starts on the 20th and runs all that week.

At 5 Minutes for Mom, you can win a Comfy Easy PC System for your toddler!

My sinus infection is finally getting better. I ended up calling in sick to work on Thursday and took myself into the doctor's office. The PA that I saw wasn't convinced it was an actual infection so he wanted me to try a prescription decongestant first, before I filled the antibiotic. I then went home and slept on the couch for 4-1/2 hours... After taking the 'non-drowsy' decongestant at that. After 24 hours the pounding headache was still horrible yesterday at work, so I went out at lunch and got the antibiotic. And guess what - no headache today! And I actually had a bit of energy too so took the kids to the park last night and went to the family potluck at Millenium Park for MMC today. And I'm starting to get my house cleaned up since basically no housework was done all week.

So, our next-door neighbor is about to have a baby at pretty much any moment... She's due on the 24th but was at the hospital twice last night with contractions. She's home alone with her two older kids this afternoon so I think I might 'kidnap' them for a while and give her a break as soon as Becca wakes up from her nap. I'm looking so forward to having a baby next door to play with!

And speaking of baby news, a huge congratulations to our friends Chris and Jean who just announced they are expecting in late February/early March. And congrats to soon-to-be big sister Juliana too!

Abby's new tooth has already started to come in - that didn't take long! :)

Ron still hasn't been able to deal with the 'stuffed animal sausage' in the middle of the girls' floor, due to the fact that they've been in bed by the time he's gotten home all week. Hopefully tonight... Tomorrow's his birthday so I'd hate to ask him to do stuff around the house (although I will if I have to - I want that job finally tackled once and for all!).

Becca's starting to wake up, so I guess my 'catching up' is over so I can go and 'catch' three little girls to play with, LOL!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

4 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

So glad that your sinus infection is better. It's the pits!

Anonymous said...

It was nice to finally meet you too!! Glad you are feelng better!


Jodi

Anonymous said...

Oh... I remember when I was due any day with Benjamin my mom and sister "kidnapped" the boy and let me REST al day b/c my husband was working... and it was heaven! I ended up having him 2 days later!! That is so sweet of you to offer to do that for your friend!!
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the contest! I wish I could enter it LOL!

Nell