HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Throwback Thursday #3 - Florida Trip 1984

Here are some pictures of my family at the beach in Florida on our family trip there in 1984! Gotta love me in my mom's huge sunglasses, LOL.

Donnie and me:


Here's how you do a 'family picture' without asking someone else to take it - break it into 2 parts...

Mom, Dad and Donnie:


Mom, Dad and Me:


See our first 'camcorder' that my dad's holding - it was a video camera and the bag on his shoulder held the battery pack. He hauled that whole setup around for our whole trip that year - it's amazing how technology has changed in the past 20 years, isn't it!

Check out other Throwback Thursdays over at Pinks and Blues Girls!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

9 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I am CRYING right now with laughter - I have so many memories of my dad lugging around that huge bag for the video camera!! You could not go far with the video camera without that bag! Too funny!!

These photos are great! It looks like such a happy family vacation. Now you've got to Photoshop the pictures so you can have an actual family photo with everyone in it!! :)

Happy TT!

Jane, P&B Girls

Shana said...

Great beach pictures. That camera is so funny. Now they can fit in your hand....lol!!!

Happy TT!!!

Anonymous said...

what WONDERFUL picture and memories!! You all look so happy. What a great family.

Anonymous said...

Huge sunglasses are back in style. lol

Great pictures :)

Nell

PS
Mine's up, too.

MomOf4 said...

What great shots! It is so great that you were able to capture these memories on film and with the camcorder! I love home movies! :)

Crazed Nitwit said...

Really awesome pictures. I remember those cameras from when I was in college. We had to haul around the news variety........weighed 30lbs, I think.

Anonymous said...

lol too funny on the glasses and the family pictures in 2 parts. We had the next generation camcorder, where it sat on your shoulder. All 20 lbs LOL

Believer in Balance said...

Great photos! Classic!

Anonymous said...

Those are some fab family photos! I totally remember the cameras of yore and the fear of a grain of sand getting into the works and the time it took to get the photos back...

Whatever you think of the world today, some things are definitely better!

Thanks for visiting ours!