HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Springs" and "soups"

You know your family has accepted this whole 'blog' idea when your husband comes in and interrupts your shower in the morning to tell you that you 'have to' blog about something! I'm not exactly sure why he found this quite as hilarious as he did - but it is pretty funny, so I'll share.

When Abby was getting dressed this morning, she started complaining that her underwear was 'broken'. Confused, Ron asked her what she meant. She said, "It has springs, Daddy!"

??

It took him a few minutes to figure it out, but apparently the waistband is starting to shred a bit and there were elastic strings coming off of it. Springs = strings. Ok, that one would've confused me too, I think! Good thing back-to-school shopping will include new underwear so that she can wear non-'springy' ones to school, LOL.

By the way, this is the same child who calls her swimming attire her bathing "soup" instead of bathing "suit". In general she talks fine for a 6-year-old, I promise - there are just a few of these that we correct every time but she just seems to hang onto her own rendition. So now Hannah wears bathing "soups" too because she learned it that way from her big sister.

So there, Ron - I blogged about it! ;)


Powered by ScribeFire.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

4 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

That's funny Deb!!!

Shana said...

Funny story. Caleb used to call Green beans -- bean beans. he had trouble saying saying words that stated with double consonants. And he is now 8 and he still says tell for ask and vice versa. "I need to tell you something. Can I have a some juice?" or "I need to ask you something. I played football at school today."

And I understand your family "taking" to the blogging. This week-end my mom, aunt, and cousin, were telling me what to blog about and what I was not even aloud to think about blogging...lol

Feltadoodle said...

Too funny! My daughter has some of those too - they put a smile in your day, don't they : )

Lindy said...

Sorry Deb - My Profile keeps shutting itself off. The above comment was from me : )