HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Throwback Thursday - My 8th birthday


I got my very first camera for my 8th birthday. It was one of those Kodak Instamatic cameras with the disposable flash bulbs that you bought separately and burned out one flash from it every time you used it. Back in the dark ages, LOL.

So, accordingly I have a whole lot of pictures of my 8th birthday party. Here are a few of them - gotta love those 70's fashions!

I'm the one with dark hair in the white blouse and blue skirt/jumper thing... And yes, we were at McDonalds for part of the party.







I think this was one of the first pictures I took with my new camera. Thank goodness I got a bit better at it over the years! Of course nowadays you can see the picture and delete it before you ever make a print of it anyway... :)



Check out more Throwback Thursday over at Pinks and Blues Girls!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

12 wonderful people said...:

~Amber~ said...

Awesome pics!!!!

Anonymous said...

Why do all pictures from the 70s look so similar? All my childhood photos look eerily like the ones you posted. Fun TT!

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

those are so fun! how cool that you got a polaroid camera when you were 8. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL I wasnt' allowed to have one of those, but my mom did and yes, our 70s pics look all alike and similar to yours too! LOL Thanks for sharing :)

Lara said...

I LOVE the 70s fashion. Hilarious! :)
Great photos!

Shana said...

Love the pictures & love the 70's look. I had a party at McD's too when I was a kid. Good times!!! Happy TT!!!

Splash said...

My first camera was a Brownie! I upgraded to the one you had when I turned 12. Big kid then!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I remember when McD's used to look like that!

MomOf4 said...

What fun pictures! Happy TT!

Unknown said...

Okay those are just too cute!

onemotherslove said...

This is great! I remember those orange seats at McDonald's! My first camera was a Kodak Disc!

Anonymous said...

I had a Kodak Instamatic, too! It used those square flashbulbs that rotated. 1 flash per side. Seems so quaint now, doesn't it? It was high-tech back then!

Great photos!