HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Bathing beauties

Have you ever taken a shower with your kids? I have before - with one at a time. And it's been no big deal. I mean we don't have the biggest bathtub/shower in the world, but the girls (Hannah especially) like to sit on the bathtub floor and play while I take my shower.

Last night Hannah decided to wear underwear to bed instead of a pull-up. Not wanting to say no, we let her but this morning there was the expected result - she'd wet the bed. So I had her come into the shower with me to get washed up. With Ron working, I didn't want to leave Becca on her own (she's my dare-devil girl and who knows what I'd find afterward) so I just brought her into the shower with us as well. Which made it - well, quite crowded in there.

So I got Hannah and myself mostly washed up and then Becca decided that she wanted to be picked up. So first of all, kids are slippery when wet and second, it's rather hard to wash anybody or anything with a squirmy, slippery toddler in your arms. After standing there letting Becca play in the streaming shower water for a few minutes I managed to convince her to sit on the bathtub floor again and made Hannah get out and dried off. Which would've been fine if I hadn't needed to shave my legs... During the work week I can get away with not shaving as often since I'm in long pants, but on the weekends - and especially since it's like a bazillion degrees out today - I very definitely needed to shave. Let's just say that I don't recommend trying this with a toddler in the shower! And it's an experiment that I don't think I'll be trying again any time soon.

Well, they're (sort of) shaved, but hopefully nobody looked too closely at my legs today!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

2 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

LOL... I'm laughing because I have so been there!!

we are reilly said...

"kids are slippery when wet" -- LOVED that!