HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Madame President

I was putting Becca in her carseat this afternoon when Hannah looked over at me from her seat in the van and said, "I want to be the President of the World!"

Apparently my four-year-old is pretty ambitious - not even just the President of the USA, but the President of the World.

So I said to her that well, the President has a lot of responsibilities, so you probably should be sure that's what you want. She asked me what kind of responsibilities.

Not wanting to go too far over her head or get too deep into conversations I'm not ready to have with her yet, I said, "well the President has to make sure that everyone in the world has enough food to eat."

She thought for a minute and then said well everyone can go to Little Caesars or Pizza Hut. Apparently everyone in the world is meant to eat pizza! So we had a little conversation about how not everyone lives where there are pizza places...

She then asked what else the President of the World needs to do. I thought for a minute and said that the President has to keep everyone in the world safe.

Her response to that? "No, Mommy - that's God's job!".

I couldn't have answered it better myself.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

4 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouth of babes! So darn precious. Kids know best definitely.

la bellina mammina said...

Kids say the cutest things, don't they?! :-)

Anonymous said...

What insight. She must have learned that from her mommy. :)

Donetta said...

She has a great understanding that will bring her wisdom. Good Job! Mom.