HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Yes, we are the most boring couple on Earth.

Ron woke me up this morning. First off, that is very strange because I'm usually the one pummeling him to get him to wake up when my alarm goes off.

Alarm? Hmm, don't remember hearing that either.

Wait a minute, where the heck am I?

Oh yes... I did lay down on the couch last night right after we put the girls in bed. Maybe he's waking me up to tell me I should probably head to bed now. I'm sooo tired - it can't be morning yet.

It is? Morning? Time to get up and get everyone ready? Nooooooo....

I've fallen asleep on the couch before - fairly often even. However, this was the first time that I've ever slept the entire night on the couch as usually I wake up somewhere between 11pm and 3am and then lie in bed wide awake for another hour or two until I can finally get myself to fall back asleep.

But not last night. I do vaguely remember waking up to the sound of Ron's (very loud, obnoxious) snoring at one point - he was asleep in the recliner (lovely couple, aren't we!)... I seem to recollect staggering over to him and waking him up to get him to stop snoring and then making it back as far as the couch before I was asleep again. I have no idea what time that was...

Ron says that he got up around 3:30am from the recliner and went to bed and given my history of not being able to go back to sleep after moving from couch to bed, he just let me be.

So I slept, on the couch, from about 9pm last night until 6:30am this morning.

Why am I still so tired then?

And I woke up after the strangest, very odd, vivid dreams - probably due the fact that the tv was on all night. Maybe that's why I'm so tired...

So nothing got done around the house last night. And I feel weird - like dizzy and can't quite seem to get focused or concentrate so far today. Ugh.

Remind me not to let myself fall asleep on the couch anymore!


Powered by ScribeFire.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

11 wonderful people said...:

~Amber~ said...

At least you got some sleep!!!!!

Karen said...

Ugh. I hate falling asleep on the couch. It's just not good sleep at all. Hope you wake up soon!

Anonymous said...

lol go take a nap! lol

Anonymous said...

Okay, this cracked me up because it's us in reverse. I'm the one on the recliner and hubby is usaully on the couch, if we've fallen asleep in the living room.
I wake up to his obnoxious snoring and go push him or mutter something to make him change position.
I hope you got good nap today.

Anonymous said...

Oh, falling asleep on the couch is the worst, worst, worst. Someone PLEASE make me get up and go to bed!
Sharon - Pinks & Blues Girls

Anonymous said...

Are you my twin? Mother of 3 little ones. Couch sleeper.

I typically fall asleep on the couch, wake up in the middle of the night, only to climb in bed and stare at the ceiling for 2 hours. Hubby usually leaves me to sleep on the couch (it's probably more comfy than the bed) so he can sprawl out on the bed, usually so I can't fit in the bed without setting a small bomb off under his chest.

See. You are my twin.

And the TV always gives me weird dreams!

Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight!

xoxo

Rebecca said...

LoL - I guess when you're body needs something it won't take no for an answer! :P

Anonymous said...

No fun! I always feel horrible when I do that. I'm right in there with you on the dizzy-disoriented thing for the past few days, so you have my sympathy! Hope you get some good sleep tonight : )

Anonymous said...

I never know where I will be when I wake up. In my house it is similar to the game musical beds. One girl can't sleep, I lay down with her, I pass out. David comes to get me to get back in our bed. Soon another child can't sleep, so off to her bed or the couch I go, and so on. It varies, but you get the idea, I it is no wonder I am always so very, very tired. I was off for the summer, but will be going back to work on Tuesday (I work in a school) so that is when it is really hard, NO NAPS!!! I keep saying my girls are too old to be doing this, but it keeps happening. Oh, the joys of motherhood!!
Hope you got some rest today.
Hey, thanks for your comment on my blog. If you ever have any questions about the process early on, don't hesitate to ask!!
Take Care!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a restful nights sleep. Funny, I've been feeling the same way lately--very hard to wake up and very swimmy headed.

Hope you make it to the bed tonight and get some more rest :)

Kerry said...

It's just not the same as sleeping in your own bed! That's the best night's sleep! :)