HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Friday, August 31, 2007

It's Blog Day 2007!

Blog Day 2007

I learned about Blog Day from Dawn over at Coming To A Nursery Near You. What a fun idea! I hope everyone will check it out.

What is Blog Day?

Here's the answer from the Blog Day site:
"BlogDay was created with the belief that bloggers should have one day dedicated to getting to know other bloggers from other countries and areas of interest. On that day Bloggers will recommend other blogs to their blog visitors.
With the goal in mind, on this day every blogger will post a recommendation of 5 new blogs. This way, all blog readers will find themselves leaping around and discovering new, previously unknown blogs."
And these are the rules for Blog Day:
  1. Find 5 new Blogs that you find interesting
  2. Notify the 5 bloggers that you are recommending them as part of BlogDay 2007
  3. Write a short description of the Blogs and place a link to the recommended Blogs
  4. Post the BlogDay Post (on August 31st) and
  5. Add the BlogDay tag using this link: http://technorati.com/tag/BlogDay2007 and a link to the BlogDay web site at http://www.blogday.org
So before I head on out to check out as many other new blogs as I can (I really am in need of some good reads today to take my mind off things anyway), I want to leave you with my 5 picks. These are by no means the only 5 I could recommend - believe me, it was hard to keep it just to 5 (and I didn't succeed too well either, *grin*)! For more wonderful bloggers, check out my blogroll - each and every one of them are worth reading.

I recently discovered Kerry at And Baby Makes Four (actually, I think she discovered me first) and really enjoy what she has to say. Here's her description of herself, "I'm a coupon-clipping, bargain shopping, sweet tea drinking, chocolate craving, Christian worship music blasting, Little Einstein theme song singing SAHM to two precious little boys, J-Man, an independant toddler & BB, a non-stop smiley baby." What more can you say? :)

Michelle at In The Life Of A Child has been through so much with her beautiful daughter, Jacqui, and still manages to blog with a wonderful sense of humor about life, her two kids, and everything else! She says, "Our goal as parents: To treasure every moment and to raise our children to be extraordinary individuals." I'd say they're well on their way.

EastCoastLife blogs about life in Singapore, which is fascinating to read about and experience with her. She's been blogging for a while but I just recently discovered her and am looking forward to getting to know her better!

Anyone who listens to the Mommycast podcast has probably heard their 3-part interview with their friend Lindsay about her amazing journey as she and her husband are in the process of adopting their baby, Tyson, through a domestic, inter-state adoption process. Her blog, The R House, chronicles their experiences and of course includes photos of their adorable little boy. I continue to pray that their adoption will be finalized with no more hurdles to overcome.

And I'm going to cheat here and lump two new blogs that I just discovered this week into my fifth recommendation - I'm looking forward to reading more about them! MamaLee at Full Plate has 3 kids as well, plus two dogs - definitely a full plate, I'd say! And Eileen at A Life of Triggers writes about her 3 beautiful girls, including her late sister's daughter who they are in the process of adopting - I really admire her.

So there you have it - my five six recommendations in honor of Blog Day 2007.

And thank you so much to Summer from Summer's Nook for including me in her list for Blog Day - I'm honored! She is definitely one of my 'must-reads' as well... :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

6 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

Wow Deb - Thanks for the great recommendation of my blog! You gave my heart the "warm fuzzies' today : )

Barb said...

I bet I missed it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for recommending my blog. It was an unexpected pleasure!!! I totally did not expect it at all. Would you mind it I added your blog as a link on my blog? Thanks.
OXOXO

Kerry said...

Thanks for recommending my blog! What a special treat! :) I really enjoy visiting yours.

Anonymous said...

Well...snot! I missed it...and I had it on my to-do board!lol!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. :)