HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A fun new way to send e-cards!

I was asked to check out and review a website that puts a new spin on the whole 'e-card' idea. How fun!

Now I've sent my share of e-cards over the years. Probably more than my share considering that I tend to put off buying cards until the last minute and am not always the best at remembering birthdays, anniversaries or other important dates. I've hunted through various sites, always trying to find the 'perfect' card for each occasion.

The folks at Greetingflix have made sending e-cards so much more easier, not to mention fun and a good way to keep your friends and family caught up with what's happening with you. Basically, you use your own photos (and their pre-set templates) to create your own e-cards!

The site is very easy to use - once you choose a template, it tells you exactly how many photos you need and walks you through all of the steps to upload them, crop, edit and arrange them and personalize your e-card with your own message as well (displays after the card itself 'plays'). You can even change your photos to black and white, add a sepia tone or adjust the brightness and contrast to make your photos have even more impact.

Greetingflix offers two levels of membership, starting with a free account which gives you access to a limited number of their professionally-designed templates, and 50 MB of photo storage. By purchasing a paid account, you get access to additional templates, plus additional photo storage - up to 1 GB or more!

This is a sample of a test greetingflix I made just using a free template:


As you can see, it's easy to embed it into a blog or myspace layout! The html code was automatically generated for me and all I had to do was click one button and then paste it into this post. (You can also send it to your friends and family by e-mail as well) Too easy!

Here's another greetingflix that I made using a PRO template:


Right now they're offering (for a limited time) an upgrade to their PRO version (with the added templates and photo storage) for only $9.95 for a full year. And if you upgrade now, you'll be able to pay that price (1/2 off of the regular price) for life - wow!

Now I've just got to find a way to get my mom a computer so I can use the Holiday templates in a few months, not to mention the Mother's Day templates next spring... :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

1 wonderful people said...:

Unknown said...

I too am not so good at remembering Birthdays but this time http://www.forgetmeneversolutions.com> helped me a lot in remembering all those special moments. I'll surely try that website. Check this out http://www.forgetmeneversolutions.com> .