I'm a bit behind again on these and Sunday seems like a good day to catch up. This one is fun for the holidays - I was tagged a little while back by Jenn from The Natural News for a '5-things about me' and she did it as her 5 favorite Christmas carols. I like this idea, so I'm going to do it in a similar way - here are 5 Christmas CDs that I love:
- Amy Grant's A Christmas Album. I first heard this in college and it still reminds me of those days when I listen to it.
- The Very Best of Bing Crosby Christmas. I grew up with Bing Crosby Christmas music so when Ron bought this CD several years ago, it immediately brought back memories of Christmases from when I was a kid.
- The Favorite Songs of Christmas. This is a record album (yes, vinyl!) that my mom still owns and played for us while we were growing up. When I was in college, I borrowed it from her and recorded it onto cassette, so I still have it - although I don't think we currently own any working cassette players, except in our van. I guess that's where I'll be listening to it this year. :)
- Sing We Now Of Christmas - the Harry Simeone Chorale. This is the other album that my mom used to play and I also have on cassette. I love listening to both of them because they remind me so much of Christmas at 'home' when I was growing up.
- The Music of Christmas by Steven Curtis Chapman. I got this one a few years back, but really enjoy listening to it.
I'm not going to tag anyone on this, but if you'd like to share your favorite Christmas carols or music, I'd love to know!
Oh, and by the way - my favorite Christmas carol is 'Oh Come All Ye Faithful'. :)