HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Sunday, December 2, 2007

It's a meme Sunday...

I'm a bit behind again on these and Sunday seems like a good day to catch up. This one is fun for the holidays - I was tagged a little while back by Jenn from The Natural News for a '5-things about me' and she did it as her 5 favorite Christmas carols. I like this idea, so I'm going to do it in a similar way - here are 5 Christmas CDs that I love:

  1. Amy Grant's A Christmas Album. I first heard this in college and it still reminds me of those days when I listen to it.

  2. The Very Best of Bing Crosby Christmas. I grew up with Bing Crosby Christmas music so when Ron bought this CD several years ago, it immediately brought back memories of Christmases from when I was a kid.

  3. The Favorite Songs of Christmas. This is a record album (yes, vinyl!) that my mom still owns and played for us while we were growing up. When I was in college, I borrowed it from her and recorded it onto cassette, so I still have it - although I don't think we currently own any working cassette players, except in our van. I guess that's where I'll be listening to it this year. :)

  4. Sing We Now Of Christmas - the Harry Simeone Chorale. This is the other album that my mom used to play and I also have on cassette. I love listening to both of them because they remind me so much of Christmas at 'home' when I was growing up.

  5. The Music of Christmas by Steven Curtis Chapman. I got this one a few years back, but really enjoy listening to it.
Hmm, I'm realizing by looking at this list that I think it might be time I update my Christmas music list a little bit since I think the newest one on here is probably at least 10 years old still. Anyone have any recommendations? :)

I'm not going to tag anyone on this, but if you'd like to share your favorite Christmas carols or music, I'd love to know!

Oh, and by the way - my favorite Christmas carol is 'Oh Come All Ye Faithful'. :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

1 wonderful people said...:

Lindy said...

Love the new header Deb - super cute!

I also love your list - I go in for the oldies too... Love that Bing Crosby! ; )