HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #20 - What I plan to do on my vacation

tt12

Thirteen Things about my vacation/days off/freedom from work!  :)

Today is my last day of work this year.  Unfortunately that's not quite as good as it sounds since the year only has 11 days left...  But being on this end of a vacation is wonderful - I love the anticipation of being able to sleep in, not having to rush kids around to school and daycare, staying in - or going out - but either way being able to decide for ourselves. I know it'll go by way too fast and I'll be back at work before I know it, but I'm going to enjoy every last second! So here are 13 things I'm going to do on my vacation. If nobody gets sick or hurt, that is. We don't have a great track record for staying healthy over Christmas, so I've got all of my fingers and toes crossed that this year will be an exception.

Day 1 - will be spent alone with Becca in the morning since the big girls still have school tomorrow. I'm looking forward to some good one-on-one time with her. We'll pick up Hannah at lunchtime and then Abby after nap/quiet time and probably make cookies later in the afternoon.

Day 2 - pretty much a 'normal' Saturday since Ron will be working. We have no plans - except to sleep in (as much as the kids will allow me to) and probably make more cookies.  :)

Day 3 - church in the morning, and then getting together with Ron's family to celebrate Christmas in the afternoon.

Day 4 - Christmas Eve. Actually we have no concrete plans for this day at all - and Ron has to work. We may get together with Kristi and her kids and do something fun like bowling. My mom and brother will be here sometime in the evening to spend the night. After the kids are asleep, Ron and I will be (frantically) wrapping gifts and being Santa.

Day 5 - Christmas Day. After a (way too) early start, we'll be opening gifts the girls and my mom and brother. Ron's parents will be down for a while as well.  In the afternoon we'll load up and drive 2 hours to Detroit and spend the evening with my mom's family at my uncle and aunt's house. Then we'll drive the 2 hours home.

Day 6 - will be spent at home, with me (hopefully) relaxing and the girls tearing into all of their new toys. Which will probably take all day.  Ron has to work, so I'll get to referee supervise by myself.

Day 7 - no definite plans but will probably get together with friends and I'm thinking by then the kids will need to get out of the house for a while. Or at least I will - in order to have any kind of chance at keeping my sanity. I'll also be packing to take the girls away for the weekend.

Day 8 - Abby and Hannah have dentist appointments in the morning and we'll leave for Mary's house after that. After the 2-hour drive, we'll probably hang out there and let the kids all play together.

Day 9 - still at Mary's and I have no idea what we'll be doing, except attempting to keep Becca out of everything she's not supposed to be getting into and enjoying Mary's last few weeks of life without a newborn in the house.  She's due on January 21st (Becca's birthday) but will probably be induced early since nobody trusts her to make it to the hospital on time - with good reason.  Let's just say that her 4-year-old was born at home - and it wasn't a planned homebirth...  :)

Day 10 - hanging out at Mary's and then we'll head home at some point, probably either at naptime or we'll wait until bedtime so the kids will sleep in the car. We'll play it by ear.

Day 11 - New Year's Eve. No concrete plans yet except for relaxing at home and trying to get the last bits of enjoyment out of vacation since the end is looming... Hopefully getting together with friends that night, but that depends on the guys' work schedules.

Day 12 - New Year's Day. As of right now we have no plans except for mourning my last day at home. And enjoying every last second of it, no matter what we end up doing!

Day 13 - Well, it's really Day #1 of back to work... The kids will be at daycare full-time for the rest of the week since school won't be back in session yet until the next week. They'll probably be ready for the change of scenery though, although I won't be.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Links to other Thursday Thirteeners:

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

6 wonderful people said...:

Believer in Balance said...

I too love the unstructured days where we can sleep in and not have to rush out the door anywhere! Enjoy your vacation and have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cynthia said...

Have a great Christmas break!

Shana said...

Well, I hope you enjoy every busy second of your vacation! :o)

My hubby will be off those days too...

Anonymous said...

I'm tired just thinking about all that activity! LOL Once again, I feel like a slacker. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!

www.mamapj.com

Anonymous said...

That's an exciting---but very busy---Christmas. Ours will be extremely quiet. Enjoy the turmoil while you have it! 13 Extraordinary Winter scenes

Melanie said...

Have a wonderful vacation! Merry Christmas!