HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Monday, December 3, 2007

Was the 're-do' worth it?

I posted the girls' school pictures a while ago when I was deciding whether or not to do re-takes. We did end up doing re-takes for both of them and finally got the new pictures back last week.

So did they turn out better or worse?  You decide!

Here's Abby's original photo:

And the new one:

Abby-1stgrade

I really do like the re-take better - it just looks more like Abby. The only complaint I maybe could have is the wet spot where she was apparently chewing on her shirt, but that's something I can live with, photo-wise. Don't ask me why a 6 1/2 year old feels the need to chew on her shirt though... We had a little talk about it after I presented her with the evidence (see photo above). Kind of hard to deny, so hopefully she'll learn, but whether it's to not chew on her shirt at all or just not to chew on it right before school pictures, I have no idea.  :)

As for Hannah's photos - check these out.  First the original:

And the re-take:

Hannah-Y5s

Now I may be crazy, but I don't remember putting a brown shirt on Hannah that day. So either I did, but just don't remember doing so (or why), or she had her re-take done on a different day than Abby (or what was specified by the school). I'm not sure that brown would be my top choice of shirt color for her, but it actually turned out ok. It's still a goofy smile, but that's just Hannah. I do like this photo better - her hair certainly looks a lot better anyway! Although I can't believe how dark it looks here - hardly blonde at all! Definitely a far cry from this:

So what do you think? Was I right to do the re-takes?

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

8 wonderful people said...:

Jennifer said...

I like the new retakes!

LOL I also tagged you for a meme on my blog, then I scroll down here and see that someone else beat me to it ;0) Oh well, was fun for me anyways!!

Now..I'm off to play catch up on everyone's blogs...Ballet performances kicked my behind last week!

Jean said...

I like the retakes as well. My oldest also has a thing about chewing his shirt. I think it has alot to do with the adult teeth growing in, just like a baby would cut teeth by chewing their fingers and everything else.

Anonymous said...

I think they look great, Abby was the most improved, though. I´m partial to that quirky grin in Hannah´s first photo.

One thing I noticed that might be an easy fix next time is to get Abby to lift her chin a bit, her glasses seem to cut in very low over her eyes, a common problem (my sister had the same issue in photos when she had glasses). Or just push them up a tad further than normal. :D But I have to say that your girls are all beauties! Photos only capture a split second of their busy lives.

~Amber~ said...

I LOVE Abby's retake..totally more "her"...as for Hannah's, I like her hair better in the retake, but I am partial to the grin she had in the original picture as well as the dress (giggle). They are all awesome and YEAH, Hannah's hair is getting dark!!

Wendy said...

The retakes look much better:) They both have awesome smiles!!!

The Edwards said...

retakes much better, THEY are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Much better. What dolls!!

bcmomtoo said...

I like Abby's retake better, but I think I like Hannah's first picture. Though the other one is good too.

I used to have a little blond girl, too.