HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #19 - Favorite Christmas ornaments

tt12

Thirteen Things about my favorite Christmas ornaments!

Over the years I've collected many Christmas ornaments. Unfortunately the ones I had collected when I was a kid got lost, probably in one of my many post-college moves. But I've collected quite a few since then and thought I'd share a few (well, 13) of my favorites:
  1. This little mill (sorry it's blurry, but it's very small) was part of a Hallmark Keepsake ornament series. I have the mill and one other ornament from the series. I think this was one of the oldest ones that I still have.
    XmasOrnaments_007

  2. I discovered Thomas Kinkade's artwork over 10 years ago and have a couple of ornaments - this one is my favorite.
    XmasOrnaments_011

  3. A friend made this one as a wedding gift. It has our names and our wedding date on it.
    XmasOrnaments_012

  4. After I got married, my mom let me have all of our ornaments from when I was a child - not the ones I lost (those were specifically mine), but the ones that were on our tree every year while I was growing up. I don't have any of those out this year (breakable ornaments + kitten + toddler), but I did put this one out - my mom made it one year when she took a macrame class. She made two of them and I have both.
    XmasOrnaments_009

  5. I love snowmen! I don't remember exactly when I bought this little guy, but I like his sign that says, "Flakes Welcome!". Even if I don't necessarily agree with it. :)
    XmasOrnaments_004

  6. This one's hard to see (sorry!) but it says "Parents-to-be 2000" on it. It was a Christmas gift from my friend Kristi in 2000 when I was pregnant with Abby.
    XmasOrnaments_002

  7. This is Hannah's first ornament - the bell is engraved with "Baby's First Christmas 2002". And the bell does really ring.
    XmasOrnaments_001

  8. I like to buy ornaments when I travel. Usually I can find something with the name of wherever I'm visiting on it, but on a trip to Minneapolis I couldn't find anything I liked. So I bought this little guy at the Mall of America - I figured that a snowman (even if he looks like he's made out of marshmallows) pretty much sums up Minnesota anyway, LOL.
    XmasOrnaments_014

  9. Another snowman - I have a lot of these! :)
    XmasOrnaments_005

  10. The year that Hannah was born, I figured we needed a 'family' ornament, so I bought this one. I think it's probably about time we got a new one with Becca on it...
    XmasOrnaments_013

  11. I used to get these ornament frames from Sears when we had our pictures taken every year. But they stopped carrying them a few years ago and I've never found a good substitute. I loved this way to commemorate every Christmas and the girls love seeing their photos hanging from the tree. This is one of my favorite Christmas photos of the girls, from 2004.
    XmasOrnaments_010

  12. We only have a few ornaments so far that they girls have made at school, but Abby made this one in preschool and it's definitely one of my favorites.
    XmasOrnaments_003

  13. This is Becca's first ornament. :)
    XmasOrnaments_008

I'm looking forward to adding to my collection of favorite ornaments over the years!

Links to other Thursday Thirteeners:


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

13 wonderful people said...:

SandyCarlson said...

These are beautiful ornaments. I like your mom's macrame piece. My mom did all the macrame in our house (the kits couldn't handle).

You have a tree full of lovely memories!
Writing in Faith

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Beautiful ornaments Deb. I love how each one has a history or a tale. I'm a snowman junkie, so I favor those snowmen displayed! Cute.

jenn said...

This is my favorite tt so far today! I love ornaments, especially the ones that mean something, as these do to you.
Happy tt!

Anonymous said...

those are all so beautiful. thanks for the peak at your tree!

Believer in Balance said...

Don't you just love ornaments! I have a lot of special ones too. Thanks for sharing.

Rian Fike said...

This is always the biggest ritual in our family too, remembering the most beloved ornaments.

Awesome list.

Siani said...

Lovely ornaments - my favorite is the macrame one - very pretty and unusual. Happy TT!

My TT is up at Siani's Pot-Pourri.

Denise Patrick said...

Beautiful ornaments. I have so many wonderful ones on my tree, too.

Happy TT!

suchsimplepleasures said...

cute ornaments!
i enjoyed my visit to your blog...i'll be back!

KC said...

I love your ornaments. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Nicholas said...

All very lovely.

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

This was my list this week, too!

Anonymous said...

What a special set of ornaments! I might have to steal your idea for next week. I really enjoyed your post!
www.mamapj.com